I wasn't aware.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

double0jedi

Can I just say that I wasn't aware that you needed to start cycling with an acceptable physique and a top of the range bike. Clearly me being overweight and having brought a bike from Halfords means that I can't go out for a ride.
I would just like to thank the somewhat athletically built professional rider that commented on my stature today. I thought that following up the "Oh look its a yellow shamoo" comment with "didn't halfords do well ! " was hilarious.
I was so amused that I could not contain my laughter.

I encountered many cyclists today, some were family's out for a ramble and some were more serious, some nodded and said hello and others stayed focused on the path ahead. But only one was rude.
I may not be sponsored by sky, or have a top flight road bike, but I am doing the best that I can. Ive lost weight and hope to continue to do so.
It is a shame that there are always some who will look down on beginners.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Just ignore these type of idiots.
You get on and do your own thing and to date what you have done with getting on your bike and losing weight is brilliant in itself.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I doubt they're actually a professional. Just some weekend wannabe who thinks a sportive is a race and is trying to compensate for their lack of personality by spending far too much on a bike which they'll never use to its full potential, and feeling high and mighty by belittling you.

Ignore them, it's not even worth the wasted breath telling them to eff off.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Yep, nobber. Best ignored. Go out, enjoy the ride. FWIW 2 of my bikes are Halfords, nothing wrong with them.

ScotiaLass

Guru
Ignore them.
I've had comments too, the last one only last week. As I ploughed my way up a really steep hill, head down, concentrating on breathing and just getting up without stopping, a car full of youths passed me and two were shouting something out the window. I just smiled.
I wonder if it was their mum, aged 51 with various medical issues, ploughing up that hill, if they'd have been so rude. I doubt it!

I've lost 4 stone (although admit I have another 4 to go!) and the way I see it, I am out there, doing something about my weight and enjoying it.
I got my ex into cycling. He's lost a massive 8 stone and still losing...he could hardly go to the end of his street to start with - now we go for 20 milers together, and off road on MTB's too!
Rise above it, you're doing great! :hugs:

Big Dave laaa

Biking Ninja
Dicks like this aren't even worth a second thought! My friend is just getting back into cycling after a lengthy lay off, he rides a Trek Armstrong replica from around year 2000 and believe me it wasn't cheap when he bought it. The local roadies look down their noses at him when he's going the other way. They wouldn't if he was going in the same direction because he averages around 23-4 mph :hyper: there are dicks in all walks of life but road cycling seems to have its fair share. Well done for getting out there and don't give the nobbers a second thought.

Top Bottom