I went for a short cycle ride today...what did you do...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Mine was short....legs killing though..... and your's..........?

Been to the local pub for tea......

longers

Legendary Member
Pottered round town on my bike, visited a pawnbrokers or two for the first time in my life*. Sold my wedding ring for more than I was expecting, treat myself to a slap up brekkie at a Wetherspoons and bought some books and beer. Still got a tenner change.

*pretty grim, one was quite busy with some desperate looking folk in there :sad:

Noodley

Still no riding for me :ohmy:

After a few weeks of saddle sore problems and doing other 'stuff', I now have a sore leg which I picked up at spin class.

And it's raining..:sad:

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
I worked longer then what i was ment to.
Revised for abit.
Watched some TV
Then been sat on here.
Mum has Eurovision on, and its absolute shite:sad:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Ah good job..been watching the ITV ads.....

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Rode from Edinburgh to Glenrothes, in the middle of Fife.

Started warm, reasonably bright, cloudy, wind from ENE.
Not too bad over the Forth Road Bridge, then the clouds descended as I entered the Kingdom of Fife. After Kinross, the wind turned head on and it started to rain - HARD. Got thoroughly wet - especially my feet (whose was the bright idea not to take the waterproof overshoes ? :sad:)

Arrived at in-laws to meeet the rest of my family and took 5 mins to get the wet stuff off before being prepared to enter the house. Feet cold and very wet. My 15yr-old son even said "You've just wrung a small cloud out of those socks." :ohmy:

Bit of a hard slog but felt great on the drive back home. :smile:

PaulB

Legendary Member
Had a tough week cycling in blistering heat in Cyprus so took it very steady today as I have the Struggle (or whatever the heck it's called) near Preston tomorrow. Even though it was intended as a short one, it was even shorter today due to the hailstones and wind which were a bit of a shock after Cyprus. Incidentally, it was so hot over there and one of the hills I came down was so hairpinny, my front inner tube burst through melting! I had to wait until the rim had cooled down or I'd have burned my hand on it when I tried to take it off the forks (and I wasn't wasting any precious water cooling it neither).

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Noodley said:
Still no riding for me :wacko:

After a few weeks of saddle sore problems and doing other 'stuff', I now have a sore leg which I picked up at spin class.

And it's raining..:sad:
Too much, too soon ??? :angry:

What have we told you ??? :ohmy:

Take care and better be fit for the Mearns Meander - I need a guide/mentor :smile:

Globalti

Legendary Member
Swimming with my son this morning, lunch, then the afternoon struggling to fix some battens very soliday to a crooked wall, for the box that will hide the WC cistern and suspend the pan. Then out for 45 minutes dodging showers, a quick blast over a local hill and home.

Noodley

scoosh said:
Too much, too soon ??? :rolleyes:

What have we told you ??? :biggrin:

Take care and better be fit for the Mearns Meander - I need a guide/mentor :wahhey:

Not too much as I have done nothing other than spin class....but I am being sensible as I know a small injury needs rest and I want to do Mearns Meander.

Top Bottom