I'd waste away without leftover buffet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
..from meetings.

I always get really hungry in the afternoon. Thankfully there's been several meetings going on this week, that means I get to eat all that stuff you never see anywhere else except in a meeting buffet- those deep-fried chillies with cheese in, mini pancake rolls, mini samosas which don't taste like samosas, crispy-coated mozzarella sticks.

If I get lucky they'll have left some mini danish pastries, or there'll be some bread rolls, cheese and olives. If I'm unlucky there'll be a plate of wilted salad mixed with soggy crisps and the odd curly sandwich. Invariably prawn.

longers

Legendary Member
We look forward to those ;)

Last month the honcho's and VIP's had to interrupt their lunch to go and see something important that was only happening at that precise time.

They got back and their buffet had been finished off in their absence xx(.

domtyler

Über Member
There is a fine tradition of coughing and/or sneezing over any food left over when exiting a meeting.

papercorn2000

I've been on a series of courses at a Holiday Inn Express. Must big up the tuna and sweetcorn sarnies (the courses are very boring though).

Globalti

Legendary Member
Here they go out and buy M&S sandwiches, so we office scum look forward to customer visits and board meetings.

OP
OP
palinurus

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
domtyler said:
There is a fine tradition of coughing and/or sneezing over any food left over when exiting a meeting.

This used to happen at school.

-don't you want that?

No

-can I have it?

Yes

-(starts to eat whatever it is)

I huffed on that.

they don't get any decent sandwiches here, only those quartered ones with too much wet salad and stuff in. what can't they make decent tucker with just nice meat and cheese for example.

why do they always have to poof it up with garnish and lettuce all the time? grrr.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
The stuff we get is generally fat-laden factory-prepared cr@p with a nod to 'ethnicity' (i.e. some iffy samosas). However, I generally sneak off after meetings with a plate of biscuits and a carton of orange juice ;))

Keith Oates

Janner
domtyler said:

Do you mean in addition to what is done in the kitchen before they bring it out to the meeting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom