If Guy Martin can do it.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Just watched Our Guy in China and couldn't believe he did the whole desert ride on his commute single speed bike. ok he had to get off and walk up some of the hills but he did it.

Makes me realise that on my geared bike I just need to suck it up and get on with it. truly inspiring bloke and seems like a good laugh.

could'nt agree more

greekonabike

President of the 'Democratic Republic' of GOAB
There's a major appeal to approaching something like that with such a simple bit of kit. Guess I need to suck it up too.

GOAB

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Just watched Our Guy in China and couldn't believe he did the whole desert ride on his commute single speed bike. ok he had to get off and walk up some of the hills but he did it.

Makes me realise that on my geared bike I just need to suck it up and get on with it.

could'nt agree more

There's a major appeal to approaching something like that with such a simple bit of kit. Guess I need to suck it up too.
Get sucking! I've just made myself a singlespeed bike and did a lumpy route on it the other day ...

Singlespeed test route elevation profile.gif

If I can do it, then you lot can too! :okay:

I like Guy Martin - top fella.

But is there a risk he'll become the 'pin-up boy' in the same way as Nick 'Fakkin' Knowles and Alexander Armstrong and start to appear in everything?

I do think he's got a bit more humility about him, though, so hopefully his feet'll be firmly planted on the ground.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Anyone like to hazard a guess whether the efficiency saving from the simpler kit will have outweighed the drawback of walking up a few slopes? Here's what I think he was trying to ride: http://www.openstreetmap.org/direct...;38.1361,85.5331#map=8/39.585/84.089&layers=C

The main thing not to like about Guy Martin is that he escaped driving bans repeatedly by pleading it would cause hardship, having 21 points at one point. http://www.mbr.co.uk/news/trail_news/feature-riding-with-tt-ace-guy-martin-313979

Top Bottom