If you had a Vintage Motorcycle...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
I'd like a pre-1977 Fizzie.
When I was 16 I'd have loved one, but I couldn't afford one. And now I still can't.
A Honda SS50 would do at a pinch...

That's what I would get also. I doubt I would ride it much though, would just like one to restore. Failing that the Suzuki AP50 is the other moped of that era that brings back fond memories.

ap50.jpg

You could get a brand new one, you know, with electric start and proper brakes and lights. Oh, hang on, it's a Royal Enfield
http://www.royalenfield.com/motorcycles/motor-cycles-models.aspx?model=13

been thinking about one of those myself when I get rid of my L plates.

I do like the cafe racer look, but want to retain pillion capabilities incase I can persuade my wife onto the back.

Keith Oates

Janner
I,m stil a fan of the Triumph T100 and loved the one I used to ride. The new Triumphs also look good but I,ve not ridden one unfortunately !!!!!!!!L!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Linford

I always fancied a Quasar when I first saw one as 'the latest thing' on a 70's 'Top Gear' type programme for motorbikes when I was a kid.
77_2roues_Quasar_stpz.jpg

If you ever go to Bristol and end up looking for something to do, in the Cumberland Basin, they have an industrial museum for all of the industry from the area. Amongst other exhibits like Concorde, Bristol cars etc, there is one of these on display as they were built down that way. A bloke had one local to me in the 70's and used to park it up in the centre of Cheltenham.

Linford

I,m stil a fan of the Triumph T100 and loved the one I used to ride. The new Triumphs also look good but I,ve not ridden one unfortunately !!!!!!!!L!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is my old bike (900 Adventurer), It is now worth about £1500 more than I sold it for in 2001.

Attachments

• adventurer.jpg
    adventurer.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 42

nr.

I've kind of been half-way looking for a Nimbus for a few years now. No doubt there are faster, better handling, better looking bikes out there, but this one just seems the right way to enjoy pottering around on a summers evening. I'm obviously getting old.

Vintage: AJS 7R or some Triton beast or another. But really, I don't like vintage bikes that much....

Classic: Mk I Moto Guzzi Le Mans, Moto Morini 3 1/2 Sport, Any 70s UJM in a Moto Martin frame, Motodd Laverda, Ducati F1, Bimota DB1, mid-70s GL1000 Gold Wing, before they got too silly.

Nicey-Oldie: Yamaha SRX-6, Honda XBR 500, Gilera Nuovo Saturno, GSX-R 750 (first poduction version), Guzzi V50 Monza - but only if it worked. Cagiva Mito 125.

Linford

I've kind of been half-way looking for a Nimbus for a few years now. No doubt there are faster, better handling, better looking bikes out there, but this one just seems the right way to enjoy pottering around on a summers evening. I'm obviously getting old.

My friends grandfather had one of these. He was a local scrap metal merchant who made a lot of money, and got together a collection of bikes. I had to do some work on my bike at the time back in the early 80's (Suzuki GT185), and was allowed to use his garage/workshop and tools (he was already dead from lead poisoning by then though, but his collection was still together at that point)

It was hooked up to a bullet style sidecar along with a few other bikes as he was unable to ride the big ones without one - Ariel square four, Bathtub Triumph 650 etc see the pics in the links.

The Nimbus stood out in my view as it was so shiny and had a then unusual configuration being a longditudunal IL4

Top Bottom