I'm done with cycling...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Its horses for me.
Following Vicky-P's example, I am switching from cycles to horses.
Can anyone help me out with some questions? Equestrian forums are not much help:
How do I store a horse?
Where do I fit a rear light?
Can I take my horse on a train?
What are the fastest shoes for everyday commuting?
Will my employer provide hay?
Do I need to lock my horse at the supermarket when i go shopping?

outlash

also available in orange
Don't listen to the neigh-sayers, Rapha sugarcubes are far better quality than the cheaper ones.

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
Always remember to buy the best lightweight aero - read expensive - horse shoes you can get, they definitely make you faster.

sidevalve

Über Member
Don't do it !!
The brakes are terrible - the steering is iffy at best - the suspension is poor and the emissions are just nasty [unless you grow a lot of vegetables].

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
You will have to decide whether to go Hardtail or Full Sus, SS or Fixie, Hybrid or CX.

I think you'll have to reign in your ambitions a bit..

JMAG

Über Member
Always remember to buy the best lightweight aero - read expensive - horse shoes you can get, they definitely make you faster.

That's complete horse-shoot. The average horse + rider weighs around 500kg so saving a few grams on shoes will make no difference unless you are competing in elite TT events.

Stick to regular horseshoes and you'll be fine unless you're competing at the highest levels. You'll also have fewer punctures to worry about - you definitely don't want to be shoeing a horse halfway through a ride. Elite riders have team cars towing horseboxes with spare horses so they can afford to ride on lightweight shoes.

Top Bottom