I'm wondering if there's any archers here?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
You might get more joy asking on an archery forum if there's any cyclists who ferry their stuff on a bike..

OP
OP
S

sight-pin

Veteran
You might get more joy asking on an archery forum if there's any cyclists who ferry their stuff on a bike..

True, but i've never seen anyone turn up on a bike at our club so thought i'd bore you lot lol.
--------------------------
I've always sooooo wanted to give archery a try, but never known how to set about doing so.

You have to take a beginners course now days before they allow you to join a club or obtain membership to Archery GB, Think it works out 6 or 8 hours of lessons split over a 6 weeks one day a week, think it;s about £45 at our club.
You should try it, it's a great sport.

OP
OP
S

sight-pin

Veteran
There's @Martin Archer if he counts :biggrin:

I might hit the target more with that set up:laugh:

OP
OP
S

sight-pin

Veteran
Crossbows have always been a bit taboo in the past with Archery GB, but now they have opened the doors to them and clubs are popping up although rules and regs are a bit restricting. Don't see why as other countries have had opened doors to them for years.

Archeress

Veteran
I used to be a Regional Archery Judge in the GWAS region. I have never transported my bow by bike... partly due to distances and early competition starts and partly due to the fact that my bow is approx £1200 and my arrows £200 and I wouldn't risk them being damaged. I did know someone who would cycle up to 50miles to competition. Their kit would be spread throughout panniers and back pack, but it wasn't as valuable as mine.

I have also just thought that on a bike I wouldn't want anything vibrating loose and affecting the tuning of the bow, such as tiller adjustment and pressure button settings, as on a road bike it would all get shaken around a fair bit.

Hugs
Archeress x

PS I shoot recurve.

Top Bottom