I'm wondering if there's any archers here?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I don't carry my bows on my bike. I stick them in the car when travelling with them. They are far too expensive to transport by bike. Both of us shoot compound BTW. We both used to shoot longbows but were lured to the dark side some years ago.​

Archeress

Veteran
I don't carry my bows on my bike. I stick them in the car when travelling with them. They are far too expensive to transport by bike. Both of us shoot compound BTW. We both used to shoot longbows but were lured to the dark side some years ago.​

+1

Hugs
Archeress x

OP
OP
S

sight-pin

Veteran
Yeah i suppose their is a possibility of damage. but i'm only around 3 or 4 mile from my club so thought i could maybe manage it on the mtb now again instead of the car.
I've never tried compound, i shoot recurve, it's what i shot with in the 70s and never changed. Although now age is sapping my strength the thought for the near future is there.:tired:

Doseone

Guru
I shoot a plain wooden field recurve, no sights, nothing. I do use an arrow rest but that's it. I'm lucky I have access to some land where I can shoot. I keep meaning to give field archery a try but I never get round to it.
I shoot left handed and right eye dominant which was fun but now I just close my right eye.

Boo

Über Member
I shoot recurve too, but as all my gear is in a large hard case and my club is about a 50 mile round trip, I can't see me using the bike for that any time soon.
Or indeed, ever.
:smile:

OP
OP
S

sight-pin

Veteran
A 50 mile trip maybe pushing a bit. especially if your toting a large decut or sf case on a bike:laugh:
I only use the small negrini case and a holdall for the the quiver and the other gear. but i was thinking more in the lines of using the back pack type of holdall.
But what Archeress & Saluki was saying about possible damage makes sense with a riser costing best part of £500, without the limb and arrow cost etc.

Top Bottom