In praise of Rose Bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
My first order from Rose Bikes was similar, but I got a coffee mug, and it got all the way to Australia in 1 piece, which is a bonus. :okay:

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
With my first order I got a strange rectangular piece of soft green plastic with one corner cut off and their big 'R' logo on it in white. I was baffled. A German friend translated the entry on the delivery note and it proved to be a ............... coaster - to place one's coffee mug upon :wacko:

robgul

Legendary Member
Faultless - last buy was a pair of custom built touring wheels - delivered in 5 days at about 55% of best price I could find here for identical spec ... but they didn't send me a backpack - I think I got a baseball cap with my first order about 6 years ago?

Rob

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I want to order something from Rose.
It may be one of THESE

Wonder if they would throw in a Rose back pack?

I got a cheapo bag, but more importantly the bike was fine.

Slightly taken aback to see hardly any packaging in the box, but DHL had done their job properly and there were no marks on the bike.

Fully built apart from straightening the handlebars and screwing on the pedals - tyres already inflated.

Worth keeping the box for a while in case the bike has to go back.

Rose service seems pretty good, although I think @Motozulu might have had a bit of bother over something with his mountain bike.

Motozulu

Über Member
Not as such with the bike no. As you said - bike was basically fully built, just straightened bars and fitted pedals - nice new back pack too :okay:
Trouble I had was with the reverb dropper, failed after 3 months and then rockshox tried to blame me, bit of tooing and froing but they backed down in the end.
Rose were superb throughout. Once I explained to Rose I had lost faith with the reverb post and the reverb service people, they replaced the reverb with a brand new KS LEV dropper, which has been faultless since and in my opinion is a far superior dropper to the wobbly and fault ridden reverb.

Very, very happy with Rose as a company and the bike has been faultless apart from this.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Thread resurrection time!
I've been struggling to source parts from the usual UK suppliers (Chain Reaction, Wiggle) for the 9 speed transmission on my Specialized Secteur. Google came up with a 9 speed triple Shimano Sora crankset available through Rose Bikes in Germany. Hoping for as good an experience as previous posters. New hollowtech BB ordered as well, as the original was an octolink set up.

Top Bottom