In praise of the Metropolitan Police

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
...who recovered eight bikes stolen from a garage in Ealing last night!

And, yes, it was the Bike Squad! We're all going to have to practice our 'we are not worthy' bows for the next night ride!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Great news

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
sorry, Proto, I don't know. The conversation was pretty general and mostly about other stuff........

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
the thing is this - people say that the Met doesn't care about bike crime. That's nonsense. Titus and his merry crew, who, as some of you will know, are all keen cyclists, work round the clock on bike crime. They use their intelligence, act with speed and imagination and they get results.

It's up to us to help. Which one of us has not left a bike in a silly location? Do we have good quality photographs of our bikes? Do we have the serial numbers to hand (sadly there are no serial numbers on some bikes....)?

The real a***holes are the people who phone a mobile number, go to a tube station and part with money for a bike that they must realise is stolen. Without buyers the thieves would have no incentive to steal. When I read 'I just bought a Boardman Comp for £250' I have to take a short walk to calm down........

Charlotte

Dissolute libertine
Exactly. If something's too good to be true, then it probably is...

In the meantime - what else, apart from some good publicity (I'm working on that) can we do for Titus and his people?

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Exactly. If something's too good to be true, then it probably is...

In the meantime - what else, apart from some good publicity (I'm working on that) can we do for Titus and his people?
well, we have to stop you-know-who flirting with them - frankly she's a disgrace. 'Ooh, Simon, they've all got uniforms on'. Really.

And he's asked me to help with a training ride for his boys and some TfL bods, so if some of you want to help with that.... And there has tobe some serious bigging up on the next FNRttC. A round of applause had better be the least of it.

Other than that.....lock 'em up good and proper. The bikes, that is.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
the tale of the recovery of charlotte and julian's bikes is such a win-win it deserves much greater prominence.

Top Bottom