In the sky the other morning

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I see them every time I go in the supermarket.

And the Milky Way

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

When we attack we will land in England tonight as they will be blotto and heartbroken from the football...!

You just had to go & spoil it didn't you, who gives a flying saucer what happens to them tonight, overpaid harrisholes

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
1670670506596.png

Stellarium is a pretty good (Free!) app.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.

mustang1

Guru
Yes, I know it was! I'm just letting you know that a couple of evenings ago the moon was actually in front of Mars!

Edit: about 18:30, I'll look up the details tomorrow.

Edit 2: Looks like I got my timings wrong! Could've sworn it was just after moonrise, but apparently it was just before moonset yesterday.
Sorry!
https://in-the-sky.org/news.php?id=20221208_16_100

Mmmh, I hope the moon always remains in front of Mars otherwise we might be talking about other things. In fact, threads will appear on cc "where will you ride when Mars crashes into earth?"

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

Just reread my original post & realised it's completely wrong the moon was not in the East it was of course in the West. For it to have set in the East I would have already been on Mars looking back at the Earth

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
Saw this the other night, but it was to the lower left at around 7-8pm when I was looking. Asked the kids to look at it as I thought it was a cluster of lights and wondered if this was my dodgy old eyes or if maybe it was the international space station with sails out? Seemed to be keeping aligned with the moon which suggested orbiting the earth rather than a distant planet or other.... Must be a satellite or similar?
When it's visible, the ISS shifts across the sky pretty rapidly, maybe 5 minutes from appearing in the SW to disappearing in the SE.
e.g. next reasonable view here in Nottingham will be 21/12/22 around 7:12 am.
https://spotthestation.nasa.gov/sig...m&region=England&city=Nottingham#.Y5YcKlHP1PY
See a satellite tonight is a great resource for predicting satellites passing over your home, and telling you where to look.
Generally these are likely to be streams of Elon's Starlink, but it can alert you to various singles.

Just reread my original post & realised it's completely wrong the moon was not in the East it was of course in the West. For it to have set in the East I would have already been on Mars looking back at the Earth
And I think I must have got my wrong timings from a US website. D'oh!

Top Bottom