Injured Cyclist Found On Road,Cumbria.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hyslop

Veteran
Just reported in our local paper.A 61 year old man found lying by the side of the road near Hutton Roof(nr Kirkby Lonsdale),serious head and chest injuries.Fortunately the poor chap was found,so one hopes his journey to recovery is underway.

Keith Oates

Janner
Not good news and as you said I hope his recovery is well underway. How ever does it say how he got the injuries such as being hit by another vehicle or did he fall off or hit a wall?!!!!!

jazzkat

Fixed wheel fanatic.
Crikey, that's not too far from me. The roads are narrow off the main roads and you can pick up a bit of speed a little too quickly on the descents. The roads are pretty quiet around there, so I'd hope he wasn't knocked off.
I hope he's ok.

OP
OP
H

Hyslop

Veteran
Not good news and as you said I hope his recovery is well underway. How ever does it say how he got the injuries such as being hit by another vehicle or did he fall off or hit a wall?!!!!!
No further info on this incident,that Ive seen at least.However,there has been a further cyclist death,as reported in the Cumberland News.A chap who was instrumental in setting up an annual charity ride(Cycle the Solway)collapsed and died whilst riding near Newcastleton in the Borders.Very sad.

Top Bottom