inlaws visiting ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
We have a graduated scale of visitor tolerance:

People carrying copies of Watchtower: 0 seconds.

Grand Children visiting as a pack: 1 hour.

Single Grand Children: 2 hours.

Friends who need entertaining and who constantly need to 'do stuff: 1-2 nights.

Friends who just want to chill/doss and don't need constant tlc: 3-4 nights.
I just don't answer my front door, friends know to call, solves the Jehovite/Mormon/Baptist problem nicely, along with my being at work 10+ hours per day, and Mrs. GA working as well. I once was approached in the garage by some Mormons, but they just wondered if I could fix one of their very nice bicycles. It was well with them, because they did not try to convert me to Mormonism. I can't see the appropriateness in walking up to someone you don't know, and telling them their present relationship with the Diety as all horsepoo, even though you don't know them, and that your religion is a better model for them to follow.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Pink = Burn pile, or so my mate Angela tells me. She tells the family this too. They still buy pink stuff and she still uses it as a firelighter. She says that they don't learn and that it's their problem.
It looks bloody flammable although I bet the fumes'd be toxic.
0022_Layer-5.jpg

It just makes me sad that their first present to her is one that's had absolutely no thought put into it and has actually gone against our stated wishes. Yet if we say anything, it's my wife who will be made to feel bad about it.

ScotiaLass

Guru
My in-laws don't visit. They live in the States.
I have stayed with them for a couple of weeks. Both lovely people but overly religious (Baptists - southern states) and I was 'encouraged' to go to church with them.
I went to a social evening with hubby and them, but drew the line at a 3 hour Sunday service!

Last edited:

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite
You know the difference between inlaws and outlaws?

Outlaws are wanted.

Having said that, mine are lovely.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
My wife adores pigs 'she married one"..she so wants a pot bellied pig or one of them miniture ones
If by miniature, she means those awful "teacup" sized ones, she's in for a disappointment as they don't really exist. The pigs in my photo are Kune Kunes, one of the smaller breeds. Not very small as adults, as you can see!

winjim

Smash the cistern
If by miniature, she means those awful "teacup" sized ones, she's in for a disappointment as they don't really exist. The pigs in my photo are Kune Kunes, one of the smaller breeds. Not very small as adults, as you can see!
You'd soon get bored of a teacup sized pig, and when you did, you wouldn't even be able to get a decent amount of sausages out of it.

jayonabike