Insurance renewal.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnblack

Über Member
Renewal notice received today for 72 plate VW T.Cross Black Edition 110.

£303 LY and £338 TY - pleased/surprised but will still have a check on the usual sites to see what is available.

Wifes TCross R Line 73 plate went from 290 to 450 the other week. I can't be bothered to change, it's going soon, will be interesting to see if the Polo she's getting next is any different.

Drago

Legendary Member
Heres a good one.

The C70 has up until now cost me £130 to insure, with a 2000 mile annual mileage limit. In reality I don't get close to 1000, but 2000 is the lowest increment they do.

Renewal has just popped through the letterbox. They want over £700, a more than FIVEFOLD increase! Just been on the Web and I'm getting quotes for comparable cover at the £180-£190 level so it looks like I won't be renewing with Carole Gash.

I never ring up and let them quote me again when I tell them I'm leaving. If they don't give me their best quote first time then they were clearly trying to bend me over and I wouldn't do further business with a company that tried that on me.

Heres a good one.

The C70 has up until now cost me £130 to insure, with a 2000 mile annual mileage limit. In reality I don't get close to 1000, but 2000 is the lowest increment they do.

Renewal has just popped through the letterbox. They want over £700, a more than FIVEFOLD increase! Just been on the Web and I'm getting quotes for comparable cover at the £180-£190 level so it looks like I won't be renewing with Carole Gash.

I never ring up and let them quote me again when I tell them I'm leaving. If they don't give me their best quote first time then they were clearly trying to bend me over and I wouldn't do further business with a company that tried that on me.

I'm the same with not bartering with companies that tried it on, and for the self and same reasons.

I'm surprised when I hear some normally savvy people that grumble at the increase, but still pay it.

I do the same with any purchase, making it very clear I will hear their first offer, and they don't get a second bite. I tell the double glazing bods not to bore me with their toy window too. I want their best price, and no waffle.

Top Bottom