Interesting travel tale

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
about one puncture per 400k - cycling for about one week? not that many - bearing in mind for much of the time his tyres would have been thinner than they should have been.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
25 tyres and only 12 chains?
Maybe a belt drive, but then it would be too many chains (belts)?

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
It looks like a Thorn Nomad and they come with Schwalbe tyres. 200 punctures does sound a lot. I look forward to the book.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
about one puncture per 400k - cycling for about one week? not that many - bearing in mind for much of the time his tyres would have been thinner than they should have been.

Or one puncture every 265 miles.

More than I get, but I don't ride fully loaded or in anything like the challenging conditions this guy has done.

Good point about tyre wear, I replace my Marathons when they are part-worn, not least because even doing that they still last me two or three years.

jags

Guru
he's riding a santos travelmaster i believe his buddy is on a thorn nomad.
some tour how would a fella get his head round doing something like that.
he's looking to raise £6000 to keep going ,love to help but im on the dole.

OP
OP
Blue Hills
Punctures, not too bad - not all the world has nice tarmac roads
yes i did bear that in mind but it still seemed high - and i am someone who uses tyres down to the point when they get frequent punctures before i replace them. I also check them very frequently for cuts and on tour pretty much every morning. In my experience punctures are not caused by a caastrophic sudden piercing but by something that has been working its way through.yes, steveindenmark, i look forward to the book aa well.

Last edited:

robing

Über Member
The photo of him camping on a frozen lake in Mongolia is incredible.

Top Bottom