Internet Service Provider Recommendations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Bongman said:
I hate this. The biggest problem with VM.

Cable connections are fast and reliable. The only problem is VM's monopoly on the cable infastructure. I not allowed to download a single DVD of data when I get home from work. It could download in 1hr, but I have to wait 5 hrs, till 9pm to freely use my connection ;)

It is an interesting theoretical discussion. It seems fairly likely that VM will unbundle it's fibre optic cable to other companies but they are in no hurry to do it. They and BT probably will be forced to in a few years time but the company are much happier to do it than BT as they are desperate for cash to service their £6 billion pound debt.

The current broadband services use virtually no bandwidth on their system (relatively), so STM makes it fairly profitable for them and keeps this state of affairs going. This is in stark contrast to tv which with vod uses virtually everything and makes very little money for them which is why so much hope is pinned on the pay tv consultation - if cable sell sports and movies to the standard XL customer they actually lose 70p a month.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
I'm a virgin user ;) very happy with them

peanut

Newnet are excellent . their customer service is second to none . Its local call rate ,answered within a couple of minutes and the bloke that answers is technically sound and very helpful.
Phoned the call centre in England yesterday put through within 2 mins no irritating recorded messages . The tech (English) offered to test my connection and call me back ;) call me back... I nearly fell off my chair.

I've only needed to call them 3x times in 2x years but its worth it just for the no nonsense no stress immediate solutions

OP
OP
JtB

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
I've just done a comparison of the main providers and it pains me to say that my service with Orange still seems to be the most cost effective :wacko: For £32.30 per month I'm getting unlimited broadband, a wireless router, unlimited landline phone calls (both national and international), line rental and free calls to Orange mobiles.

Like Orange, many providers now charge extra if they can not connect you directly to their network :blush: but I guess that's a small price to pay for living in a village surrounded by beautiful countryside :blush:

I most certainly would NOT recommend Orange though, because their customer support is absolutely ATROCIOUS!!!!

peanut

Shaun said:
I've just done a comparison of the main providers and it pains me to say that my service with Orange still seems to be the most cost effective ;) For £32.30 per month I'm getting unlimited broadband, a wireless router, unlimited landline phone calls (both national and international), line rental and free calls to Orange mobiles.

!

you'll also have to pay a full connection fee of £ 120? if you ever decide to go back to BT .:biggrin:

Top Bottom