Introducing Star Wars.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Captain Scarlet

Über Member
its about time out son watched Star Wars but it got me thinking.....which episode to start on?

Shall I go the route of starting at episode 4, the best ones, or subject him to the first 3 so that he knows where Darth Vadar came from first?

What are your opinions

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
My own personal opinion would be to show him the first 3 originals and forget about all the newer ones but I guess you probably cant do that :giggle:

AndyRM

XOXO
A difficult decision, you have.

It's like "do you want the good news or the bad news first". Personally I'd start with the bad, but only assuming you can convince him it's going to get better. There are probably just enough good bits in 1 - 3 to get him through (the pod race, Darth Maul, Anakin getting burned to f*ck, the soundtrack).

Last edited:
Considering the number of movies being planned you may as well start (regretably) with Ep 1.

Seevio

Guru
I'd avoid star wars altogether. It's not as if the plot is any good and the effects have long since been surpassed.

Try 2001 and if the boy is old enough, the box set of firefly.

wheresthetorch

Dreaming of Celeste
Start with A New Hope (IV), as the point was that we didn't know the back story at the time we saw it, and that was part of the suspense etc. Darth Vader is a lot less scary if you've watched him racing a pod as a 9 year old boy.

Top Bottom