Introduction

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

twinnies

Regular
Hello * waves* My name is Lisa and I have been a keen cyclist for about 3 years, I commute to work most days, it's only a round trip of 14 miles but it beats sitting in traffic! I'm a runner at heart then took up Triathlon and soon realised how much I love cycling. On a good week I can notch up 150 miles. I'm a plodder and crap at hills but hey someone has to be at the back of the pack. I'm part of a ladies cycling group, Lancaster Cycle Bunnies, we even have our own kit as you can see below. We have cycled The Way of The Roses together, and we have an annual trip at Easter when we cycle from Lockerbie back to Lancaster via Gretna and Penrith. This year I'm taking on lots of fundraising events to help a very close friend raise £100,000. Two of them include cycling, the first one was a 24 hour turbo session in my local Asda, which I did two weeks ago. I clocked up 416.2 miles in 24 hours and raised just short of 5k. My legs were fine but my God my lady garden was battered! lol The second event is in June when I and 3 others will cycle non stop from London Tower to Blackpool Tower. ( There is a thread on here about it).

Attachments

• 10960044_999757383385202_981092131925193167_o.jpg
    10960044_999757383385202_981092131925193167_o.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 94
  • bunnies.jpg
    bunnies.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:

Slioch

Guru
:welcome: and blimey! 416 miles in 24 hrs!!!! That's pretty impressive.

Hyslop

Veteran
Hello there:welcome:.Well,I shall look out for you all if you happen upon us this Easter and we meet on the road.Ill give you a wave and a weak croak of encouragement,though by the sound of things,you wont need it!:okay:.Good on you,keep at it.

WilliamRabbit

Hi Twinnies. I saw one of your members at Salt Ayre TT tonight. I am a lady ( i know the name on here does sound like it. It my rabbits name as I couldn't think of anything else. Yes I am crackers!)) I live in Carnforth and am looking for a group to ride with. How do I find out about your group and is it open to new members?

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
:welcome: @WilliamRabbit

Hi Twinnies. I saw one of your members at Salt Ayre TT tonight. I am a lady ( i know the name on here does sound like it. It my rabbits name as I couldn't think of anything else. Yes I am crackers!)) I live in Carnforth and am looking for a group to ride with. How do I find out about your group and is it open to new members?
You should fit in well round here.:okay:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Thank you...I could have rounded it up to 420 though ;)

Show off! :whistle:

Welcome to this forum, although I am a little bit concerned. You see, a lot of us do more writing on here than we do cycling, and I wouldn't want you to loose your form, so RUN AWAY BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE!! :giggle:

Hyslop

Veteran
Been intending to ask,how did your Easter ride go? I kept an eye out for you all,however,apart from those I regularly see,it seemed to be "miseries" week around the border area!Hope you all had fun:smile:

Top Bottom