Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
:unsure: :surrender:

Philanthropic motives aside - it would cost as much to get there and back as I would get paid ! :sad:

I think you get travel tickets refunded ... we had ride leaders coming from Glasgow and Falkirk on the Edinburgh rides last year - I can't believe you never got selected!
From what I have heard, the Glasgow Sky rides are quite popular, with large groups (much larger than the Edinburgh rides I have been on, which had low attendance - partly to do with a lack of local advertising, I was told)

T

Last edited:

glasgowjim

Über Member
Don't think there are any Sky rides in Weegie this year, they usually email with a list which i haven't had yet.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Don't think there are any Sky rides in Weegie this year, they usually email with a list which i haven't had yet.
Hi Jim :hello:! That's strange, I got an e-mail saying they weren't doing Edinburgh any more, as the city council had pulled the support, but we were free to register for the Glasgow ones ...

EDIT: Last year the Edinburgh rides didn't start until JULY, if I remember correctly :rolleyes:

T

Last edited:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Office closed today, taking English bank holidays! :wahhey:
I'll be off on the bike shortly, to visit bike shops and places to the north and east of Edinburgh where I have never ventured before... I did a google search yesterday, there are lots that haven't got EdFoC programmes yet ... any excuse for a wee ride :biggrin:

T

OP
OP
Louch

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
Hoping they stay Scottish bank holidays post Indy. My fav is the 2nd January that we get in Scotland, and my english & welsh colleagues do not :smile:

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
Nursing a hangover again up in drumnadrochit.. Had a great weekend up here, early Saturday morning I had a cycle over the local hills then the etape Loch Ness yesterday was a great cycle.. Big month of getting fit and dropping more weight for the 3 pistes cycle

OP
OP
Louch

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
I get 1st & 2nd jan , Easter two, two in may, August then Xmas and new year. Then 30 days annual leave on top of that. Can't complain that way

Top Bottom