Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
I see the Glasgow School of Art is on fire, that's the Rennie Macintosh building :sad:

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
This is what will be burning - all original Macintosh work -

art.jpg

ScotiaLass

Guru
Just read this on the news and was about to post.....
Absolutely gutting....gorgeous, iconic building and those poor students....it's almost end of term and they would have been getting their final work ready :cry:

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Just read this on the news and was about to post.....
Absolutely gutting....gorgeous, iconic building and those poor students....it's almost end of term and they would have been getting their final work ready :cry:
:ohmy:Noooo!

I spent many happy hours there as a student visiting from Dundee... the degree show students must be beside themselves, but at least they're safe.

MikeW-71

Veteran
Horrible scenes at the School of Art :sad: It looks destroyed, but I'm glad nobody was hurt.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Yes, really bad news about the Glasgow School of Art.
I was at work when I heard, we could actually smell burning at the SECC, I though it came from the kitchen, silly me.
Did not catch up with the sad news till I got home late this evening, as we had several mini dramas of our own during the Ideal Home show.
2 elderly ladies with fainting spells, one garden bench capsized over a chap, I burned myself on the steamer :sad:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Ouch, hope you are OK, @Pat "5mph"! :hugs:
On a different note, masses of runners coming round Arthur's Seat this morning, all part of the Edinburgh Marathon Festival - the 10km started at 9 am, from the route map it looks like they are hogging the Innocent Railway and the road through to Duddingston, too. Best to avoid on the bike for a wee while...
All the best to @Louch tomorrow! :thumbsup:

T

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Yes, really bad news about the Glasgow School of Art.
I was at work when I heard, we could actually smell burning at the SECC, I though it came from the kitchen, silly me.
Did not catch up with the sad news till I got home late this evening, as we had several mini dramas of our own during the Ideal Home show.
2 elderly ladies with fainting spells, one garden bench capsized over a chap, I burned myself on the steamer :sad:
You haven't burned yourself badly I hope?

The fire looked horrendous on the telly reports. Really sad to see.

Top Bottom