Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Col5632

Guru
You can have my entry if you want :-p

Anyway you're far too young to have a midlife crisis and Tough Mudder is definitely a midlife crisis thing!

My mate who is also 28 has done it the last 2 years running but he's a running freak :laugh:

Can I not have a mid-mid life crisis :shy:

Fubar

Guru
Yup. Dreading it more than anything else, but at least I have the reward of the Foo Fighters gig 3 days later :dance:

Karen's neices' husband (whatever kind of relation that is!) did it this year, I don't think it's too bad if you pace yourself - more energy-sapping than endurance. He showed us pictures of him running through electric cables they had dangling down from a frame, that put me off much more than the physical effort!

Are you doing it solo or in a team??

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Are you mental? :laugh:

It's something I do want to do but the entry fee is a bit much I feel :cursing:
Aye, these gig ticket prices are getting ridiculous ... :headshake:

Some folk I know did the Tough Mudder last year as a team and all reckoned it is more about upper body strength and all-round strength than running. Just saying ... :whistle:

BMF Falkirk or Dundee or Perth are your friends !

Col5632

Guru
Aye, these gig ticket prices are getting ridiculous ... :headshake:

Some folk I know did the Tough Mudder last year as a team and all reckoned it is more about upper body strength and all-round strength than running. Just saying ... :whistle:

BMF Falkirk or Dundee or Perth are your friends !

He did a great deal of upper body training for it too which is something I lack

Yeah I know its not the only thing :laugh:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
The point, young man, is that @Fubar is far too young to be considering being old. :angry:

"You can run but you can't hide ... " :whistle:

Karen's neices' husband (whatever kind of relation that is!) did it this year, I don't think it's too bad if you pace yourself - more energy-sapping than endurance. He showed us pictures of him running through electric cables they had dangling down from a frame, that put me off much more than the physical effort!

Are you doing it solo or in a team??
Solo. And yes, total lack of upper body strength is what's going to be the major problem. Hoping that gym plus regular trips to Avertical World will really help.

Fubar

Guru
Solo. And yes, total lack of upper body strength is what's going to be the major problem. Hoping that gym plus regular trips to Avertical World will really help.

If you can't lift your arms after your trip there pop in and see Maddie - her student flat is on the same lane. She won't be any help but she can make you a herbal tea and laugh at you on my behalf...

Top Bottom