Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
...it doesn't get easier, you just go faster...

It's very true, its slow progress but I'm defo getting faster :bicycle:

Aye but it's so-o much easier now, isn't it @Pat "5mph" ? :thumbsup: :bicycle: :wahhey:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Aye but it's so-o much easier now, isn't it @Pat "5mph" ? :thumbsup: :bicycle: :wahhey:
Well, honestly no.
I never had problems with endurance, in my first year of cycling I went straight from a max of 20 miles to a 68 mile ride with no ill effects, no padding, on a heavy hybrid. Heck, I did my first PfS on a 5 speed with basically no training apart from my very flat commute: never walked any of the hills.
It's when I try to ride faster than 10mph average that I get truly knackered for a week :laugh:

Fubar

Guru
Well, honestly no.
I never had problems with endurance, in my first year of cycling I went straight from a max of 20 miles to a 68 mile ride with no ill effects, no padding, on a heavy hybrid. Heck, I did my first PfS on a 5 speed with basically no training apart from my very flat commute: never walked any of the hills.
It's when I try to ride faster than 10mph average that I get truly knackered for a week :laugh:

You're fine when there's no shops to distract you... :whistle:

Fubar

Guru

Haven't you heard it? It plays a tune as he pedals - I'm sure @MikeW-71 had a video...

It'll never be that - she is obsessed with shops, addicted - she almost cycled straight into a shop when we reached Brodick. @Pat "5mph" new catchphrase should be "I must not stop and take photos when an angry Fubar is right behind me and we have a ferry to catch!!"
I can see that cycling with you could be interesting! On my aborted world tour, in the journal, someone calculated that I had a photo for every 8 miles we had cycled. What I never told them is that only about a 1/5-1/10 of the photos I took made it into the journal!

On my first solo tour, there is a photo in the journal for every 4 miles cycled.:whistle:

Fubar

Guru
I can see that cycling with you could be interesting! On my aborted world tour, in the journal, someone calculated that I had a photo for every 8 miles we had cycled. What I never told them is that only about a 1/5-1/10 of the photos I took made it into the journal!

On my first solo tour, there is a photo in the journal for every 4 miles cycled.:whistle:

Blimey, you're my worst nightmare! ;) To be fair @Pat "5mph" only did it once (that I noticed) but it was after all my dire warnings about "today we ride!", "we must make that ferry" and "no stopping no shopping!" and she had the cheek to pull up right in front of me! I mean come on, a woman ignoring a man?!? It should never happen... :tongue:

Top Bottom