Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Hey, thank you so much Bobby, I'm right on it!
Surely you don't qualify, Pat ! :laugh: (tried to find the sincere smiley, but there isn't one).

I thought Scotrail fares were expensive until I discovered Trans-Pennine yesterday. Cycled York to Scarborough then back by train. 17.80 of your English pounds, for a single :ohmy:. 50 minutes, and about 35 miles! (50+ miles by bike, going via some non flat bits to avoid the A64 suicide route).

Last edited:
Need to do 38km this evening to get 1500km for July. Not sure if I'll manage it though as 'her indoors' has other plans for me.

However my cycling is going to take a sever hit for the next few weeks. Off to Singapore on Sunday evening for 6 weeks with work and its going to be 6 days a week. Found a couple of places that do bike tours of the city so that will have to suffice.
Failing that my next cycle after this weekend could be the 20th September on Mallorca

Col5632

Guru
Need to do 38km this evening to get 1500km for July. Not sure if I'll manage it though as 'her indoors' has other plans for me.

However my cycling is going to take a sever hit for the next few weeks. Off to Singapore on Sunday evening for 6 weeks with work and its going to be 6 days a week. Found a couple of places that do bike tours of the city so that will have to suffice.
Failing that my next cycle after this weekend could be the 20th September on Mallorca

Holidays or in your case work are great to get away but they don't half put you behind on your cycling goals :laugh:

I feel your pain. Guangzhou for me on Sunday provided my visa arrives as scheduled. (different terminal, or we could have met at LHR ).

At least I won't be away for that long...

I'm lucky, its visa on arrival at Singapore. Flying via Dubai with Emirates.......business class

Brandane

Legendary Member
I'm lucky, its visa on arrival at Singapore. Flying via Dubai with Emirates.......business class

Can we switch employers? I will have the pleasure of China Southern in economy...

Pardon me if my sympathy for you both is in short supply!
I will have the pleasure of Circle Express on Monday, and I will be lucky if the destination is anything more exotic than the Tesco RDC at Bathgate.
Have a good trip, both of you.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Another Sunday, another slow puncture flat woken up to. :sad: guess ifbim cycli g today it's going to be in the rain
Do slow punctures bring the rain? I better go and have a right good check at my tyres; they must have been leaking for years! ;)
PS... It's already raining in the west. Only drizzle just now, but heavier rain is promised later. Oh and 50 mph winds on Tuesday morning. Deep joy :sad:.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Do slow punctures bring the rain? I better go and have a right good check at my tyres; they must have been leaking for years! ;)
PS... It's already raining in the west. Only drizzle just now, but heavier rain is promised later. Oh and 50 mph winds on Tuesday morning. Deep joy :sad:.
Oh gee........thanks for that. Something to look forward to! :laugh:

I actually timed it right for once. Got a tootle on the bike and a 4 mile dog walk in the dry. :smile:

Top Bottom