Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Louch

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
Thanks to meeting people on this site I went from a 40 mile flat round trip, to a 76 mile ride that I was in no way ready or properly prepared for. But that day got me hooked on cycling, so don't be afraid to try new routes and challenges. Wherever you end up, even if short, we will all believe you meant it :smile:

Thanks to meeting people on this site I went from a 40 mile flat round trip, to a 76 mile ride that I was in no way ready or properly prepared for. But that day got me hooked on cycling, so don't be afraid to try new routes and challenges. Wherever you end up, even if short, we will all believe you meant it :smile:
That was a good day (plastic cows notwithstanding), and despite being well out of your comfort zone you dug deep and got round. Exactly what cycling is all about.

ShooglyDougie

Veteran

That was a good day (plastic cows notwithstanding), and despite being well out of your comfort zone you dug deep and got round. Exactly what cycling is all about.

Fell in a bush, cycled 0.5 miles and gave up :laugh:

Ahh, fond memories of that day, was a blast :biggrin:. We should get another one sorted soon ish.

Col5632

Guru
Once I know what weekend I'm free I'll get something organised :smile:

OP
OP
Louch

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
I was tempted to do hpc, but spent the 25 quid instead on a mini service to find out what my rattling was. Turns Out rear cassette was loose and was what was rattling.

ShooglyDougie

Veteran
Peebles for chips?

Aye would be well up for it.Busy this weekend, but should be free after that, anytime good for you?
My chum Sammy showed me a new way avoiding most of the main road and how many hills would you like? I've discovered a few new ones lately (none quite as bad as Polton though).

What is the other "HPC"?

Highland Perthshire Challenge. Best caramel shortcake ever.

Are you joining in?
The big 100 of course........
Thinking about it, it's unlikely, as I'll be in Dundee Thursday/Friday, and I don't fancy travelling all the way back from Dundee on Friday only to turn around and go back to Perth on Saturday :sad: I'll see how I feel closer to it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Louch

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
Weekend after is tour of Britain on the Sunday, so aiming to do my first ton of the year that day......will get something in the diary at some point though. Same ish route, with a way to avoid peebles to that back road stretch wood be good. But wasn't that bad of we had to use that stretch again

Top Bottom