Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I took a trip across to Stewarton today to see the Tour going through.

Lots of spectators, great atmosphere.

Slightly bizarrely, just as the first police bikes passed through to close the road, the church on the main street emptied, and the congregation gathered on the grass at the front, with a guitar, singing hymns. Presumably to encourage the cyclists. They finished their first hymn, there was a small ripple of applause from the waiting crowd, and a voice from the back shouted “Do you know any Elvis?”
:rofl: That's a cracking story!

I knew that George Square and the city circuit would be heaving, thought there'd be a smattering or two on the Stewarton Road (there were a lot more than I thought) - by all accounts it seems to have been an excellent turnout along the entire route.

What a well-executed sprint finish as well, though I'm wondering what it will take before race organisers stop putting 90° corners right before the finish line.

Col5632

Guru
2km cycle to work - Sun shining when I leave home and when I arrive at work but I'm soaked!!!!

That was one heavy shower. :sad:

:sun: :rain::sun:

I was in Stornoway on saturday in a tent and I know the exact rain shower you mean lol

iandg

Legendary Member

Fubar

Guru
My youngest heads off to to Perth tomorrow to start a college course. :sad: and :smile: and :hello: and a :cry: or 2

It starts off like that, turns into :sun: when you get used to having your own space again, turns into :cursing: when they are back tabbing you for cash and lifts at the weekend then becomes :gun: when they are back from Uni permanently treating your home like the student accommodation they became used to.

That's what I've heard anyway...:whistle:

Back on the bike today :wahhey:
vm296-2T.jpg

Top Bottom