is the CEGB dead?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
not the Central Electricity Generating Board - that turned it's toes up years ago. I mean
the CGBeebies. The site appears to have come pretty much to a halt, they're not getting quoted in the Standard any more, and their forum is full of tumbleweed.

What's happened?

Who?

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
not the Central Electricity Generating Board - that turned it's toes up years ago. I mean
the CGBeebies. The site appears to have come pretty much to a halt, they're not getting quoted in the Standard any more, and their forum is full of tumbleweed.

What's happened?
Who are they then?

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I see what you mean. I was under the impression we had an excellent, country-wide network of cycle routes. They're called roads.

subaqua

What’s the point
do you not understand sarcastic comments- Admin we need a sarcasm smiley.

I know the cyclist campaigned for sealed roads , but the government we have and have had in the past doesn't/didn't think about cycling provision. surely you must have seen some of the crap cycle routes we have- have a google for alexandra road Ruckholt road. quite close to a large sports venue in the East End of London. you might have even drove along them

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Just been and had a look at their site and it seems to be up and running. New news item posted today and last blog entry four hours ago.
and you think that this sudden burst of activity had nothing to do with this thread?

do you not understand sarcastic comments- Admin we need a sarcasm smiley.

I know the cyclist campaigned for sealed roads , but the government we have and have had in the past doesn't/didn't think about cycling provision. surely you must have seen some of the crap cycle routes we have- have a google for alexandra road Ruckholt road. quite close to a large sports venue in the East End of London. you might have even drove along them

In which case you not only fixed it wrong, you didn't understand the basic tenet of StuAff's post. The roads around Alexandra and Ruckholt Roads are fine for cycling on. Its only if you try to ignore them and assign some cycling significance to the decorative white lines and pictures the local authority has painted there (presumably to give drivers some art to look at while they are stuck in traffic) that a problem arises.

subaqua

What’s the point
In which case you not only fixed it wrong, you didn't understand the basic tenet of StuAff's post. The roads around Alexandra and Ruckholt Roads are fine for cycling on. Its only if you try to ignore them and assign some cycling significance to the decorative white lines and pictures the local authority has painted there (presumably to give drivers some art to look at while they are stuck in traffic) that a problem arises.

you have likely not used them before they were "improved" then

Top Bottom