Is the trek fx 2 disc a good bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I just bought my first bike and i chose a trek fx2 disc bike and i was wondering if anyone who has rode this bike or just people who ride bikes on how good they think this bike is

vickster

Legendary Member
:welcome:

Yep very good for all purpose riding (other than very rough, wet or sticky off road) :okay:

Enjoy...make sure you carry a spare inner tube, tyre levers and a working pump with you, plus a multi-tool...just in case (you likely won't need them, but if you don't have them, you probably will!)

Get a track pump for home so you can check the tyre pressures regularly and keep at the right pressure for you

Cerdic

If you are happy with the deal you got and it feels comfortable to ride, then it is a good bike!

Trek are well known and respected brand. My mate had one and loved it...

si_c

Guru
I've got several Trek's and had a few more over the years, never been disappointed. My Dad has the FX3 disc from 2018 and it's very very good, I really like it.

The FX2 seems really well specified for the price, proper Hydraulic Disc brakes and a good reliable drivetrain, the only thing I would suggest is replacing the stock pedals with something a bit better as the ones that come with it are a bit plastic - something like DMR MTB pedals would be perfect.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I think the best person to answer that question is you :smile:. Hope you're enjoying it :okay:.
I've got an old 2007 Trek road bike, you know the sort with drop bars. I rescued it from under a pile of bikes here. After a lot of fettling and parts it's just about my favourite bike. Generally Trek produce great bikes.

kayakerles

Have a nice ride.
My latest and nicest ride is a Trek FX 7.6 from 2009. I bought it secondhand right before the pandemic hit. Going from my old school 1997 Bianchi mountain bike to my Trek hybrid with flat bars was like going from a tank to a jet airplane! I never knew a bike could feel so light and shift so smoothly. Mine is pre-disc brakes, but still wonderful all around. Enjoy your rides!

D

Deleted member 1258

Thanks for all the positive comments,i just recieved my bike today

Now you've got it we need some pictures.

kayakerles

Have a nice ride.
Here's mine out for a spin… let’s see yours, @Trekman083637 👋🏻🙂

280D3CA1-6CFD-432E-B585-79814A5606C3.jpeg

Top Bottom