Isn't it good when.............

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
You enjoy your work so much you do not want to retire.
I remember feeling like that when I was in my 40s & 50s.........had what I felt was the best job in the (multi-national) company.
Started my own company in my 50s and really enjoyed the pressure for 12 years.
Retired at 63 and never, ever, ever ever, once, looked back :smile:...........I have not once missed working.

screenman

Legendary Member
I remember feeling like that when I was in my 40s & 50s.........had what I felt was the best job in the (multi-national) company.
Started my own company in my 50s and really enjoyed the pressure for 12 years.
Retired at 63 and never, ever, ever ever, once, looked back :smile:...........I have not once missed working.

I am 60 next year, I work for a lot of nice customers and enjoy the challenges of my business. When you find a money earner you enjoy can we really call it work?

Dave7

Legendary Member
I am 60 next year, I work for a lot of nice customers and enjoy the challenges of my business. When you find a money earner you enjoy can we really call it work?
Thats a very good point...........BUT
I have enjoyed 5 years of golf, cycling, walking, bird-watching and chilling out.
On the downside.........my alcohol consumption has gone up :smile::smile::smile:

screenman

Legendary Member
Thats a very good point...........BUT
I have enjoyed 5 years of golf, cycling, walking, bird-watching and chilling out.
On the downside.........my alcohol consumption has gone up :smile::smile::smile:

So if we swap fixing dents etc. for golf an bird watching we seem to be doing the same things. Now I enjoy fixing dents maybe on the same level as you enjoy golf, only I get paid for it, should I pack up something I enjy doing.

I swim, I cycle, I take the wife out for a bite to eat and a day out every week, we enjoy a long weekend away at least 9 times a year. I enjoy music, reading D.I.Y and many other things, there is plenty of time in my life at the moment for all of them.

I feel sorry for the people do not enoy work and fully understand why they should want to retire. I truth I feel like I have been retired since I got rid of my car sites and moved to Lincolnshire 28 years ago.

Lullabelle

Banana
You find the most amazing cake and it contains no fat, calories, sugar etc... it is amazingly tasty and healthy. Unfortunately no such thing exists so just have to put up with complaining about cake being 'bad' for the waistline.

Top Bottom