It's Christmas!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

S.Giles

...at least in the world of retail and media.

I noticed my first Christmas-themed advertisement on TV the other day, and there's a Christmas-themed shop now open in the town of Beverley near where I live. It would be nice to think we could get October and (I'm being ambitious here) most of November out of the way before Christmas starts to intrude on our everyday affairs, but after a less than ten-month slumber, Christmas is once again beginning to stir. I blame global-warming.

So, Merry Christmas everyone!

Steve

classic33

Leg End Member
...at least in the world of retail and media.

I noticed my first Christmas-themed advertisement on TV the other day, and there's a Christmas-themed shop now open in the town of Beverley near where I live. It would be nice to think we could get October and (I'm being ambitious here) most of November out of the way before Christmas starts to intrude on our everyday affairs, but after a less than ten-month slumber, Christmas is once again beginning to stir. I blame global-warming.

So, Merry Christmas everyone!

Steve
Argos have been running their Christmas advert since the beginning of the month.
Your late!

stephec

Legendary Member
Our local Tesco has had a Christmas aisle for about a month.

The girls who were arranging it seemed to be quite amused when I wished them merry Christmas.

ScotiaLass

Guru
Mid November is soon enough (for me anyway!).
My brothers' birthday is 13th December and that was always the day mum put out Christmas tree and decorations up.
I've seen trees up in houses at the end of November :ohmy:

ScotiaLass

Guru
All that fuss and effort is worth it for one day though?

If it wasn't for Christmas we wouldn't have the strictly Christmas special. :biggrin:
It depends how much effort you go to.
I cook a nice meal, I don't go OTT with presents, and the main thing for me is having my family around me :smile:

andyfraser

Über Member
In out house decorations will go up the Sunday before and come down the Sunday after New Year. We're going to a restaurant for Christmas dinner this year so that'll get the family stuff out of the way and the rest of the day will be for me and my better half.

ScotiaLass

Guru
In out house decorations will go up the Sunday before and come down the Sunday after New Year. We're going to a restaurant for Christmas dinner this year so that'll get the family stuff out of the way and the rest of the day will be for me and my better half.
Every year for the past 3 years, I've said I am going to a restaurant or getting a takeaway.
Every year I cook because the family complain lol

andyfraser

Über Member
Every year for the past 3 years, I've said I am going to a restaurant or getting a takeaway.
Every year I cook because the family complain lol
We used to always go to a restaurant, mainly because no one likes the hassle of cooking a full Christmas dinner. It's only the last couple of years we started cooking at home for Christmas. We're bored with it now! lol

Top Bottom