It's official

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
but we probably already knew that cycling to work improves your Wellbeing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-29175088
It wouldn't improve my health if I had to walk in these shoes she's wearing. Lol.

Certainly true in the South East. I had a commute that went via M25 and M1. On Friday evenings I would have to literally curl up on the couch for half an hour to decompress. Any engagement with another human being ended in a huge row.

Only if you use it to commute, apparently :rolleyes:.

It doesn't actually look like they found that cycling it good for you, but that driving to work is bad for you.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Certainly true in the South East. I had a commute that went via M25 and M1. On Friday evenings I would have to literally curl up on the couch for half an hour to decompress.

On the other hand, I used to commute 15 miles each way on the A78 between Largs and Greenock. A nice coastal route, normally without too many traffic problems. Fine to drive, but to cycle? I have cycled it, but it's a stressful experience and leaves you a quivering wreck at the end. Narrow with railings one side and high verge the other, and a lot of fast moving traffic.
The alternative route, which I did cycle fairly regularly was much more pleasant on a single track road but involved 1000' of climbing each way.

accountantpete

Brexiteer
Here's proof

BxWi_33IQAEhQO-.jpg

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
Some car drivers are pitching in with the usual crap...in the Comments....
-----------------------------
Quintessentially Cynical
4 MINUTES AGO
Figures from 2012. Vehicle excise duty £5.9 billion.Petrol duty £1.6 billion.New cars registered 2.03 million – work out your own VAT estimate.Duty on fuel excluding petrol £27.3 billion – extrapolate a portion of that for diesel and LPG vehicles.
Vehicle Insurance Premium Tax and MOT fees – tax from people employed in the car industry and duty from part manufacturers who knows.

Cyclists £?
----------------

Some car drivers are pitching in with the usual crap...in the Comments....
-----------------------------
Quintessentially Cynical
4 MINUTES AGO
Figures from 2012. Vehicle excise duty £5.9 billion.Petrol duty £1.6 billion.New cars registered 2.03 million – work out your own VAT estimate.Duty on fuel excluding petrol £27.3 billion – extrapolate a portion of that for diesel and LPG vehicles.
Vehicle Insurance Premium Tax and MOT fees – tax from people employed in the car industry and duty from part manufacturers who knows.

Cyclists £?
----------------
Kind of makes the point doesn't it. All that spending is making him deeply unhappy.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
yep

Top Bottom