Its only Thursday....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Yep. :cursing:

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I love Black Friday as much as nearly any other day. I'm not bothered how profligate or, allegedly stupid, people are on any other day of the week so why let tomorrow be any different.?

Christmas however is something special. I can't wait for it to arrive and I share the excitement of the early starters.

Peace and love.

:smooch:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Crikey. Is it Thursday already?

I love Black Friday as much as nearly any other day. I'm not bothered how profligate or, allegedly stupid, people are on any other day of the week so why let tomorrow be any different.?

Christmas however is something special. I can't wait for it to arrive and I share the excitement of the early starters.

Peace and love.

:smooch:
I agree with Vernon. To help things along, try and imagine the word 'pudding' inserted between...a right bloody bargain if ever there was one!
:snowball:

Drago

Legendary Member
It's gullible consumers falling for the latest transatlantic marketing wheeze. You know, the sort of people who really think the John Lewis Christmas ad is about loving your fellow man and not about selling loads of stuff at a profit.

It's gullible consumers falling for the latest transatlantic marketing wheeze. You know, the sort of people who really think the John Lewis Christmas ad is about loving your fellow man and not about selling loads of stuff at a profit.
Why gullible? Things are reduced and bargains are to be had. You can save some money without being whipped up into a frenzy.

Drago

Legendary Member
Because it's an imported fad, engineered only to separate people from their money.

There may be bargains to be had, but little evidence the bargains are any keener than sales at other times of the year.

Of course, it is possible to go bargain hunting without any rabid foaming at the mouth, but the marketeers have been winding them up over the last week and the gullible will be standing on each other to avail themselves of these deals. The sensible won't, but the sensible will be sensible yesterday or next week too.

It would have been a pretty boring - and pointless - post had I decided instead to talk about sensible people who aren't easily led by people selling the latest piece of shiny white (or black) plastic and glass, but black Friday has been noted in recent years for stupidity and fisticuffs, and sensible shoppers tend not to do that. Those gullible enough lose all sense of reason over a mere bargain will.

screenman

Legendary Member
I am so excited that I have changed my pants 3 times today already. I nearly saved £40 on something I did not need or want today but I am waiting.

Do not let Drago put you off, he just wants all the bargains for himself.

Top Bottom