Its true he will never be forgotten !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You know what life's like so much to do family vehicles and house to maintain etc etc so of cause with so much to deal with is it any wonder that we tend to forget those things less important to us personally.
And so it was when I started to delve back into the archives of CC tonight.
I thought there's someone's posts I liked to enjoy reading but I cannot remember his name.
So I decided to just put pie man into the search box and as you all would know Vernons name came up.
Bingo that's my man so I just want to say to all of his friends and family as was said at the time please take some comfort from knowing that Vernon will never be forgotten.
I've just proven that.

Katherine

Guru
I keep wanting to tag Vernon when there's something I think he'd be interested in, especially pies but also maths and mechanical stuff, playing pipes and so much more.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
I thought of him yesterday when I saw this on another forum.

images.jpg

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
You know what life's like so much to do family vehicles and house to maintain etc etc so of cause with so much to deal with is it any wonder that we tend to forget those things less important to us personally.
And so it was when I started to delve back into the archives of CC tonight.
I thought there's someone's posts I liked to enjoy reading but I cannot remember his name.
So I decided to just put pie man into the search box and as you all would know Vernons name came up.
Bingo that's my man so I just want to say to all of his friends and family as was said at the time please take some comfort from knowing that Vernon will never be forgotten.
I've just proven that.
Well, bless you and what a lovely thing to write.

Drago

Legendary Member
I've just done a search of the site.

Sheet, that's terrible news. We often bickered and argued, but I had the utmost respect for him having the cojones to stand by his views. That was the measure of the man.

I'm so sorry to hear this, a genuine loss to our little family and to his own loved ones.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Because Vernon died so suddenly I thought I should get on with some of the things I've been putting off 'cos you just never know what might happen. As a direct result of doing that I'm back in touch with a friend I had lost contact with more than 10 years ago. So thanks to Vernon for that.

And I'm trying to learn to make a decent pie :smile:
Try this recipe that Vernon sent me the link to,
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...to-pie&usg=AFQjCNFXnlouR7TItTZlgr9WxCAn1DI6EA

it was a regular of his, half of one is my Avatar but here is mine in full technicolour (and it is delicious)

002.JPG

TVC

Tomorrow and Saturday we are in Holmfirth, my first port of call for advice on good pie shops in the area is very sadly no longer available to us, so on Vernon's behalf can somebody please advise.

Last edited:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Tomorrow and Saturday we are in Holmfirth, my first port of call for advice on good pie shops in the area is very sadly no longer available to ys, so on Vernon's behalf can somebody please advise.
Shame you weren't up there tonight,

Vernon, have you been down to the Picturedrome in Holmfirth for their Thursday Pie Nights?

He gave them a good review despite being rationed to a single pie.

Top Bottom