Jazz

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
"If you are unfamiliar with Coltrane's music and wish to hear it, you can get almost the entire oeuvre on disc. I recommend starting at the beginning and stopping half-way through." http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/...669454/Nothing-sounds-like-John-Coltrane.html

Even if that is from The Telegraph, I'd still go along with it, personally. Other tastes may differ...
I don't have a problem with people deciding they don't like his later work. Just with dismissive non-entities pompously declaring themselves 'not impressed' with something they are never going to be across.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Well, I stand by my opinion (entitled or otherwise) that what I heard was simply noise with no musical merit what so ever; and, as far as I am concerned, my opinion matters as much as the next person.

I am sure that many people, you included obviously, have a different idea.

You don't have a 'different idea'. You have precisely No Idea.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Jazz fight.

OP
OP
macp

macp

Guru
Back on track Snarky Puppy I love this band so much

Listen to the saxophone solo from 3.43 and the drummer kicks in too, epic

Listen from about 2.28 OMG

Last edited:

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Pharoah Sanders, I've listened to this so much and it gets better every time. I like Pharoah Sanders better than anything except maybe Albert Ayler.

I like Ornette Coleman, especially the free-funk Prime Time band stuff. Ms P. introduced me to Jazz when she bought the album 'Twins' from Ray's Jazz. First track on that is 'First Take' from Free Jazz, I'd never heard anything like that. This isn't it.

Top Bottom