Jazz

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I'd like to thank the contributers to this thread: I've just put Blue Train on the turntable.

il_570xN.494319001_15id.jpg

U

User482

OP
OP
macp

macp

Guru
Just got home from watching Level 42 at the Victoria Hall in Stoke. Absolutely bloody awesome they almost blew the roof off the place

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Just listening to Jazz Line Up on I player from 17th September and have come across a great progressive Jazz group called Mammal Hands.

Worth a listen.

Jazz Line-Up - Mammal Hands, Karl Seglem Profile - @BBCRadio3 http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07vwdnf

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Picked this up recently, it's on one of my fave reissue labels - Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs. Rosemary Clooney and Count Basie - Blue Rose, they recorded it in different locations although it sound pretty cohesive. It's pretty funky and the SQ is top notch.

Hill Wimp

Big thread resurrection I know but currently at the Ghent Jazz Festival in Belgium.

Great atmosphere and some amazing and talented bands. Just finished watching The French Quarter now watching the Ben Wendle Group. Herbie Hancock will be on at 1030 after which i will be a very happy girl.

If ever you consider this festival just do it.

Bloody excellent.

Hill Wimp

[QUOTE 4871292, member: 259"]It's a smashing festival with a nice vibe. We used to take the kids when they were younger. Being Belgium, the food is usually very good. Couldn't go this year but it's dead handy for us - a train ride and a free bus shuttle.[/QUOTE]
It certainly has a fantastic vibe. Really chilled. The music so far has been sublime. Currently listening to Christian Mcbrides New Jawn ( yes I have spelt it right).
Our only criticism is the very complicated way you pay for stuff once you are in here. I get the loading up of a free festival card so it's cashless, good idea however it's not 1€ = 1€ it's 1€ = 2.5 points. Bloody ridiculous.

Anyway I'm here for the music and appreciation of some amazingly talented musicians. Damn fantastic. I will return.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
[QUOTE 4871334, member: 259"]That's Belgium I'm afraid. At least it's not a queue up for three hours to buy a strip of tickets so you can queue up for three hours to buy something.[/QUOTE]
It would be much rasier if the card worked in Euros. I have a curious feeling that the rate and prices mean that nobody can fully empty their card...

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Managed to catch a local arts centre jazz evening. Jean Toussaint backed by the Craig Milverton Trio. Superb music and a tiny, intimate venue. We chatted to the various musicians in the interval and afterwards.

Top Bottom