Jensie and the hour 18/9

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sods_Laur

His pizza is well deserved.

davester65

Growing Old is Compulsory...Growing Up is Optional
Congrats to you Jens, great ride.......that should certainly shake the tree.........i'm now looking forward to SirBW, FC & TM all having a crack at beating the new record sometime soon. I have a sneaky feeling Boardmans annulled 56.375km may even get surpassed.......watch this space :-)

Keith Oates

Janner
I couldn't see it out here but that was an impressive way to end your cycling career, well done to him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dragon72

Guru
where are the Jensie haters?

I was really rooting for him to get it as the previous record holder was almost certainly a doper.
Mind you, Jens grew through the East German system in the late 80's, was a teammate of many a convicted doper throughout his career and has ridden like a demon well into his 40's.
But then again, he made breakaways watchable, he's funny and friendly, and told his legs to "Shut up!", so what's not to like?

rich p

ridiculous old lush
It's a world record, but not a new world record in truth. Nobody has ridden it under these new rules before including the Czech doper.
possibly Slovakian!

davester65

Growing Old is Compulsory...Growing Up is Optional
It's a world record, but not a new world record in truth. Nobody has ridden it under these new rules before

That's the one thing i don't understand about it, the UCI have removed the restrictions on bike technology, which now allows carbon frames, disc wheels, TT/Tri Bars and riding positions similar to Obree's "Superman", why haven't they reinstated Boardmans 56.375km from 1996?

Top Bottom