Jersey question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Just watching the Vuelta highlights and the red jersey has been lost....

So in this situation are the teams pre equipped with enough yellow/red/green/polka etc jerseys in various sizes in their own team livery/sponsors or does the race organiser hold these?

Sharky

Guru
Quick trip to the nearest Aldi

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
Or if you believe Liggett's TdF commentary, there is only one jersey and it has to be taken from the rider when they finish the stage so it can be awarded on the podium.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Or if you believe Liggett's TdF commentary, there is only one jersey and it has to be taken from the rider when they finish the stage so it can be awarded on the podium.
that's bollox because the jerseys on stage zip up at the back, the ones they ride in zip up at the front.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I remember Wiggins had an issue with the yellow skin suit for the TT in 2012. He was very worried that it wouldnt fit and even offered to pay to make him one.

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
that's bollox because the jerseys on stage zip up at the back, the ones they ride in zip up at the front.

Are you suggesting the great Phil Liggett might be talking nonsense? How could you say such a thing. I'm shocked.

montage

God Almighty
They are printed after the stage

MisterStan

Label Required
I remember Wiggins had an issue with the yellow skin suit for the TT in 2012. He was very worried that it wouldnt fit and even offered to pay to make him one.
I seem to remember Wiggins saying something along the lines of there being two sizes available to him and neither was a good fit!

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
From inside team sky book, all of the gc riders teams did the same. Le coq sportif jerseys have the seams in funny places to accommodate the sponsored logos looking good on the jerseys

Top Bottom