Jonathon Tiernan Locke blood passport iffy? (ToB title for Haas?)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tigger

Über Member
Great piece that. Makes Sky look a bit daft.

Indeed, this is odd, from the Sky spokesman (whoever that was?). Surely the off score is the main basis of the biological passport. If you are testing the credibility of a prospective new rider it's what you'd be looking for at first instance?

“On signing him, the team carried out its own medical with blood tests – normal procedure for us – for health screening. Those tests are not used for any doping controls but there was nothing that raised any concerns for us at that time and over the following months there was nothing in his performance, behaviour or the official testing that raised any doubts,” he said.

He accepted that the OFF-score reading [which, again, is a relationship between mature and immature red blood cells] was not calculated. He said that this reading only came to light when it was worked out by the experts working on the rider’s case. Had Sky done its own longitudinal testing prior to signing the rider, or indeed looked closely at the blood levels from the September 24 test, it is likely that the contract would never have gone ahead."

DannyCFC

Much as I support rehabilitation this lad's got to make a start by admitting what exactly he was up to.

I love a good drink but I'll struggle to get close to the units he claims to have had, and I will be rotten tonight as it's my day off tomorrow.

So then we come to drugs. Do the right thing, and confess and tell what you know. Show your love for the sport and the people in it by coming clean.

You know what? He won't do either. And regardless of what the truth is, that's what he'll regret in years to come.

U

User169

Interview with JTL on cyclingnews today if anyone's interested (can't link from my phone). Gruesome reading.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Interview with JTL on cyclingnews today if anyone's interested (can't link from my phone). Gruesome reading.
LINK

He is either in serious denial mode. or there is something seriously wrong with the way the biological passport works! :wacko:

400bhp

Guru
Given the time on his hands now, partly shown by his sojourn into Sportive riding, I bet he has ventured into this thread.

:hello::thumbsdown::stop:

SWSteve

Guru
Has JTL ever said 'I am innocent' ot has he just said 'I don't believe I am guilty'

I've seen lots of him talking about how he isn't happy with decisions, and how he feels a scapegoat/unfairly treated, but has he said he is innocent (in those words)?

I'm just confused as to how he is still trotting out this story and keeping his coaching business in the press...

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Has JTL ever said 'I am innocent' ot has he just said 'I don't believe I am guilty'

I've seen lots of him talking about how he isn't happy with decisions, and how he feels a scapegoat/unfairly treated, but has he said he is innocent (in those words)?

I'm just confused as to how he is still trotting out this story and keeping his coaching business in the press...
I watched one of the Armstrong documentaries again the other night and was struck by how quickly his former teammates started blabbing once they were brought in front of a Grand Jury with the threat of imprisonment hanging over them if they lied under oath.

How about offering every pro athlete a bonus if they swear under oath in a court that they have never doped and never will? If they refused to take the bonus, that would look mighty suspicious. If they swore in court that they were not dopers and were then found to be lying, they would be in line for a far more scary punishment than a 2 year ban ...

(Ok, it probably can't be done for one reason or another, but it's a nice thought! :whistle:)

Top Bottom