July 25th, London to Hastings: the Wen to Wen ride

Which ride most interests you?

• London to Hastings

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Tunbridge Wells to Hastings & back again (the Witch's Hat)

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
anothersam

anothersam

SMIDSMe
All being well I should be here on that date, otherwise I would have fancied it.

That looks a bit steep, so I've flattened the gradient. Unfortunately you pay for it later.
ventouxcorrected.jpg

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
July 25th. This is the date. (Sorry velovoice!) Start time TBD, 8 or 9. That's a.m. – this isn't a Saturday night ride to the coast.
Poo. Can't make it. But I might ride to Hastings some time in a Velosolo kinda way and go along that route-ish, and eat some chips when I get there which is kind of participating.

OP
OP
anothersam

anothersam

SMIDSMe
You don't need to know how many ghost signs are on the Ghost Signs ride, or bridges (or beers) are on the Bridges & Beers ride, to have a good time. Nevertheless I have made a list of the following to be counted on the way from London to Hastings.

Bridges: only three worth mentioning
– the one named after a Eurovision song contest winner
– the one over the car-filled moat surrounding London
– a pretty little bridge in Penshurst just before we get to Rogue's Hill.
troll.jpg

Dinosaurs: 1 pack of
dinosaurs.jpg

Pyramids: 1. See inside
pyramidbike2.jpg

Homes of Churchillian Prime Ministers: 1
churchill.jpg

Homes of pre-eminent Victorian evolutionary biologists: 1
downhouse2.jpg

Homes of Nobel prize-winning authors: 1
kippled2.jpg

Homes of former UKIP party leaders: 1
ukip.jpg

1066 battlefields: 1, depending on route
1066.jpg

Piers being rebuilt after they were burned down: 1
godzillapier.jpg

Reactions: iLB

gr3g0ree

I'm in for any date but the 8-9th Aug and any route. Hopefully with my new bike this time. Sign me up.
What if we get rain forecast for all weekend?

jiberjaber

Veteran
25th July might be challenging as I come back from holiday just before that, but will slot it in the diary as a reminder. :biggrin:

martint235

Dog on a bike
I'm probably doing a 200 miler from Doncaster to London on the 25th but if for any reason that falls through I'm interested in this.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I'm probably doing a 200 miler from Doncaster to London on the 25th but if for any reason that falls through I'm interested in this.
Nice to know that joining us is your second choice, Martin. You've not been around much lately - intensive residential course at the Charm School?

martint235

Dog on a bike
Nice to know that joining us is your second choice, Martin. You've not been around much lately - intensive residential course at the Charm School?
Just covering my bases!. If the Doncaster ride falls through, I'm equally happy to stay at home and put my feet up if having this as a first choice ride is a requirement.

I went to the Chill Out School for a bit, I'm back now though.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Just covering my bases!. If the Doncaster ride falls through, I'm equally happy to stay at home and put my feet up if having this as a first choice ride is a requirement.

I went to the Chill Out School for a bit, I'm back now though.

Not as far as I know - I'm not in charge. Just helping you out with the social skills,... There is no charge for this, barring perhaps a post-ride pint.

OP
OP
anothersam

anothersam

SMIDSMe
25th July might be challenging as I come back from holiday just before that, but will slot it in the diary as a reminder.

diary.gif

Leave early and make it a 280 miler </helpful>

anothersam
theclaud
gr3g0ree
jiberjaber - maybe
martin235 - depends on momentum?
ridiculous old lush - maybe
saoirse50 - here's hoping
Shadow

Last edited:
Top Bottom