Just got my bicycle - Northern Ireland

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Baja Dan

Regular
I am a virgin whenever it comes to cycling with roads and fast-moving cars, apart from the cycling round playgrounds as a kid this is really eye opening the amount of stuff that goes into into bikes. I visited my local bike store they were very snotty stuck up so I went online and got this.

It's a little advanced from my liking but is this a good step to start?
DSCF9275.jpg

FULL SPEC IS AS FOLLOWS:​

SRAM Rival 1070 Powerglide Cassette / 10 Speed / 11-25
Truvativ GXP Bottom Bracket / English Thread
Cinelli Bubble Bar Tape White
SL Pro Carbon SRAM RedPlanet X Pro Carbon Road Fork Version 2 / 1 1/8in / Red
Planet X Carbon Fork Bung Centre Pull System / 11/8
Ritchey Comp Logic 2 Handlebar / 42 cm / Black / 31.8 mm ClampNutrak Inner tube / 1823mm / 700c / Presta
Superlight Headset Spacer Pack / 11/8 / Black
Planet X Svelte Seatclamp / 349 mm
Ultra Light FORGED Brake Callipers / Pair / Silver
SRAM Red Rear Mech / Road / Short Cage
FSA OS150 Road Stem / 100 mm / White / 6 degrees / 31.8 mm ClampSRAM PC1050 Power Chain 10 Speed
SRAM Red Front Mech / Braze On / Double
SRAM Red 10 Speed Double Tap Shfters Pair / Double
Front Mech Band on Clamp / 349 mm / Black
FSA SL 250 SBS Alloy Seatpost / 316 mm / WhiteFSA Orbit CE Headset / 11/8 / White / Integrated
Planet X Pro Carbon Road Frame Version 2 / Medium / Red

The image has been resized sometimes it takes time to activate​

Thanks​
Dan​

daSmirnov

Looks like it'll go. Now you just need to add some full length mudguards so it/you doesn't get soaked!:hello:

battered

Guru
I think you need to put some miles on it to know. I'd love that bike, it looks great. So there you go then, wear it out and you can then tell us if it's OK or not :thumbsup: . My guess is "yes".

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
Welcome to the best site on the web ,,, posts on here will make you smile , laugh , scowl and get angry (no not angry ,, its my inability to accept i am not the King of all ,my Therapist tells me hahaha)

OP
OP
B

Baja Dan

Regular
I'm a amateur boxer champion and basically I was just looking to get into another sport pretty aggressively, I've getting the clip-in shoes and new pedals it's really scary to think if you don't clip out you're dead or the bike.

I honestly don't know what I have, I'm being honest.

Any help would greatly be appreciated I can add more photos soon

Thanks
Dan

Doug.

Veteran
Baja Dan.

Hello,hope you enjoy the cycle it lookd splendid.
As regards to road cycling.......there are indeed some drivers who are very dangerous to cyclists (they either don't see you'dont give a dam or just think cycles should be not on the roads,and to hell with you )
I have cycled and motor cycled most of my life and still care not for huge lorries overtaking or cars passing to close.
If I may sugest a small mirror mounted on the bike (at least then you can see possible rear danger.
There are even oval mirrors that can be down tube mounted and give good a good rear view,also of corse a handle bar mirror,not very sporty looking might save you from a fright or worse.
If I may sugest build up your riding gradualy and on (if possible) quite or country roads.
I live in France but buy a lot of things from your very own,worlds bigest on line and shop open to the public ...Chain Reaction Cycles.
Situated at Bally Clare,they are first class to deal with,good servise,prices,huge stock and even to France post free.
Should you phone them the staff are most agreable and very help full.
Their web site is very good.
"Mud guards" on your bike.......NO,sooner get wet,aesthetically awful.
Well thats it.
Yours
Doug.

Should you encounter a motorist,bus driver van or lorry driver etc. who gives you grief.......don't waist your time rowing with the sod( you being a boxer)
"GOB THEM"

p.S.re. the clip less pedals.........I have tried them and could not "get away with them" numerous crashes and tumbles.
Now I only use light weight all metal flat peddles,bought from ? you guesed it my favourite bike shop (as above)

If I can help in way contact via the site or douglas.fidler@wanadoo.fr

avsd

Guru
Hi Dan,

That is a lovely bike. Health to enjoy. The best way to get into cycling is with a club. I am a member pf Phoenix CC which meets at the House of Sport every Saturday morning for a run. The winter 'bun runs' have started and we go out towards Oxford Island/Craigavon for a coffee and scone. There are three/four groups A/B1/B2/C each at a different fitness level/speed. Normally people start with the C's and work up but if you are a boxing champ perhaps you might want to consider the B2/B1 group. What average speed/distance are you doing on your own at the minute. Here are the stats from today's B1 run.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/128087636

There are cycling clubs all over the North - Bangor, Bandridge, Cookstown, Doagh and are friendly towards new cyclists. However, at this time of the year you will need mudgaurds to join a club run on a regular basis. Without them you just kick up all the muck/water on the roads into the guys behind you. This would quickly wear out your welcome :tongue:

I thnk you pedals are Shimano 105 SPLs. The new Chain Reaction store on the Boucher Road should be able to help you and they are a friendly bunch.

Rob500

I visited my local bike store they were very snotty stuck up so I went online and got this.

Hi Dan. Just right. The thing to do with places like that is to spend your hard earned cash elsewhere. Best of luck with your new bike.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
There are cycling clubs all over the North - Bangor, Bandridge, Cookstown, Doagh and are friendly towards new cyclists. However, at this time of the year you will need mudgaurds to join a club run on a regular basis. Without them you just kick up all the muck/water on the roads into the guys behind you. This would quickly wear out your welcome :tongue:

Slight typo ... but it made me smile ... and imagine you cycling all wrapped up in bandages^_^

Top Bottom