just me?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lee_M

Guru
I regularly ride with my local club and love it to the point that I am away this weekend (with my bike) but can't be arsed to go out as I get bored on my own.

Is it just me?

vickster

Legendary Member
Yes, I'm happy to cycle alone and I'd never join a club :smile:

OP
OP
Lee_M

Lee_M

Guru
my club rides are rides with friends. and they usually include coffee and lots of cake. they arent balls out chain gangs - we leave that the the cat A riders in the club

OP
OP
Lee_M

Lee_M

Guru
Fair point...would I however want to be part of a club that would have me ;)

if in London, you could have joined the CC ride to Southend :smile:

sadly Im already in Southend!

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I'm not a member of a club (and don't aspire to for a couple of reasons) but I do enjoy riding more when it's with a small group, informal preferably, the miles do go by much more quickly. So I get you.

OP
OP
Lee_M

Lee_M

Guru
i suppose the other part is I ride with my club in North Wales, so lots of hills, whereas in Essex I live on the coast so the choices are more limited and flat, and I'm bored of basically riding the same old route

OP
OP
Lee_M

Lee_M

Guru
Are they riding back?

Probably too late but go for a taster with a local Southend club for a change?

The local club route is basically the route I do all the time - I think I'm just bored with it. No matter what route I create it basically has 30 or so miles that are always the same - just a matter of whether I turn left or right out of my street!

OP
OP
Lee_M

Lee_M

Guru
anyway back to north wales tomorrow so I'm sure I'll get out and do some hills and feel better

Top Bottom