Kajsa Tylen: The Billie Dovey 81 miles a day progress thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I thought I'd start a new thread for this as it's not the Tommy Godwin (although of course it's the Kurt Searvogel now) record which Kajsa Tylen is chasing, it's the Bille Dovey record. However if the mods think they should be merged crack on :okay:

HERE'S the link to Kajsa's webpage

HERE'S the link for her Strava

HERE'S the link for her Facebook

OP
OP
Mugshot

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Kajsa has been pretty active posting progress videos so here's couple of those to get you going;

OP
OP
Mugshot

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
A Year in the Saddle - Kajsa Tylen's 2016 Cycling WR Attempt shared Leisure Lakes Bikes Nottingham's post.

13 hrs ·
Thank you Leisure Lakes Bikes Nottingham!!

Leisure Lakes Bikes Nottingham added 2 new photos.
15 hrs ·
Off to visit Kajsa tonight with her 1st box of spares, and a bike check. She popped into the store today with great news, 2000KM cleared this year so far. Sram have been very kind and given us a supply and chains and cassettes. ‪#‎ayearinthesaddle‬ ‪#‎sram‬ ‪#‎specialized‬ ‪#‎thisgirlcan‬ ‪#‎2000k‬ ‪#‎support‬ ‪#‎thanks‬

OP
OP
Mugshot

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Shorter ride of 64 miles for Kajsa yesterday, that puts her on 1251 miles for the year. By my reckoning she's currently 117 miles above WR pace.

OP
OP
Mugshot

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.

Attachments

• 2uaxijpm6.cloudfront.net%2Fassets%2Fwebsite%2Fmobile%2Ficon-app-58899e9f5d745473721ac180538dd2f0.png
    2uaxijpm6.cloudfront.net%2Fassets%2Fwebsite%2Fmobile%2Ficon-app-58899e9f5d745473721ac180538dd2f0.png
    3.5 KB · Views: 81

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Its not the Daily distances I would have a problem with. Its just getting up day after day, after day to do it. Especially over the same area. I love cycling but you need a break every now and again if you are doing those distances.

Its nice to watch someone who is so bright and happy.

It's a relatively easy record to break, in fact I think it entirely possible for a woman to take on the longer 'male' one because physiologically females are better equipped to cope with ultra distance. Anyway good luck to Kasja, likely our paths will cross at some point being in the same neck of the woods. Expect more attempts on this record to materialise in the near future.

OP
OP
Mugshot

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Its not the Daily distances I would have a problem with. Its just getting up day after day, after day to do it. Especially over the same area. I love cycling but you need a break every now and again if you are doing those distances.

Its nice to watch someone who is so bright and happy.
Isn't she though, I wonder how bright and happy she'll be after a couple of hundred days.

I agree, it's the day after day grind of it that requires some serious mental toughness.

OP
OP
Mugshot

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
It's a relatively easy record to break, in fact I think it entirely possible for a woman to take on the longer 'male' one because physiologically females are better equipped to cope with ultra distance. Anyway good luck to Kasja, likely our paths will cross at some point being in the same neck of the woods. Expect more attempts on this record to materialise in the near future.
Alicia Searvogel is apparenty going to be giving it a shot, no dates yet though..

In case you're wondering Kajsa has set herself the taget of 31069 miles for the year, which equates to 85 miles a day.

DanZac

Interesting to see Kajsa's slick social media efforts and her desire to get others involved in her attempt through her group ride approach. I imagine that this may pay dividends in the long run not only through general interest but having others to call on for help that she has befriended if she has problems in the future.
Wish her all the best with her attempt and will continue to follow and be unbelievebly impressed with everyones efforts in the current record attempts.

OP
OP
Mugshot

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
THIS is a link to Facebook page which shows Kajsas route for tomorrow, which is called Lincoln 100-miler (I'm guessing the clues in the title). There are also links to other upcoming rides which Kajsa would like people to join her on.

Top Bottom