Kenda Kriterium 700x25c

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zoso7

These tyres any good?! I take delivery of my new Giant Gefy 2.5 on Monday and these are the supplied tyres!! Are they P******e prone?! are they good in dry/wet conditions?!

Would you recommend I upgrade these as soon as possible for something quicker/less P******E prone?!

Any info is greatly appreciated!!

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Ride 'em and see what you think.

My SCR2.0 came with Kenda Kontenders, which were nicely grippy, but had bugger all p* resistance (I used to carry four tubes, and some weeks would use 2 a day). I stuck with them until the bead on the rear tyre began to separate from the tyre carcase (this allows the tube to protrude between tyre and rim, and causes spectacular and sudden p*s) at which point they went in the bin, and I fitted wire on Schwalbe stelvio instead.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Maybe the bike shop will upgrade them before you take delivery.Shouldnt cost much as they will keep the new Kenda tyres that came with the bike.
zoso7 said:
These tyres any good?! I take delivery of my new Giant Gefy 2.5 on Monday and these are the supplied tyres!! Are they P******e prone?! are they good in dry/wet conditions?!

Would you recommend I upgrade these as soon as possible for something quicker/less P******E prone?!

Any info is greatly appreciated!!

OP
OP
Z

zoso7

My priority i suppose is puncture resistance, I don't wanna be stuck in the middle of nowhere n get a flat due to my tyres being a flat magnet.

I can handle these tyres if they are a little slower than i could get but reasonably good on the flat resistance. Stretched my budget as it is to get this bike never mind upgrade the tyres straight away too so if they will suffice then it would put my mind at ease!!

I wont be commuting, will only be going on leisure/fitness rides on nice evenings and at weekends.

simongrant

I have 300 miles on my vittoria rubinos,i got the red/black same colour as the bike:biggrin:. They do have some puncture resistance and up to now i have not had one(touches wood).I think i paid about a tenner each,very happy with em thus far.They have a psi of 100-160 and i keep them at 110 as im not sure of my rim ratings and i dont want my teeth falling out:laugh:.

For any tyre the most important thing for helping avoid punctures is to keep the psi up in my opinion,others may disagree but i always check psi before every ride and top to 110 if needed.

I have Kenda Kontacts on my hybrid and they are still going strong after 2000+ miles without a flat and very very little wear.Been very happy with kenda's.

Simon

Top Bottom