England : Norfolk KLWNBUG's Flipping Flat Holland Hundred

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
17 September at 08:00. Start point is the front door cycle park at Lynnsport and Leisure Park, on National Cycle Route 1 at Greenpark Avenue, King's Lynn PE30 2NB. If you're coming by train, the 0635 from Cambridge will get you here in plenty of time - if you're coming from London, unusually for this one, either travel up the night before or take the 0644 from King's Cross and you'll arrive at 0821 and head for West Lynn, Clenchwarton then to Sutton Bridge along the obvious road and most people should catch us before long. And there's a car park at Lynnsport if anyone wants it.

This should be a very very flat loop across Sutton Bridge to Boston for a cafe stop, back through Holland and Spalding, to Wisbech and Fenland and back to Lynn to complete a hundred miles. The route has been tweaked with the benefit of last year's experiences but the elevation graph still makes the rest of Norfolk look like mountains and the steepest climb is still onto the river bank in Lynn.

Even so, doing this in September is probably madness and I'm not sure why I agreed to do it again. Maybe it's just because I want to get the route right around Spalding and visit that pub again. Come join us. It'll be fun. If the weather is against us, we may cut it short and try again next year.

A BUG all-welcome ride - see http://www.KLWNBUG.co.uk/about/ for full details of what I mean by this but basically turn up with a bike, lights, drink, snacks to get you between cafes/pubs/shops and some money to buy your lunch/snacks - there should be a navigator at the front and a back-marker at the back who will do their best to get the whole group round as a group but it's basically a self-supported take-care-like-you-would-alone ride just with the knowledge that you'll be in the company of other cyclists. It'll be slightly faster than BUG's usual because we'll be pressing on a bit (only a bit, mind) to get back before dark. We'd probably still freewheel down hills... if only there were any! It's probably a very good idea if you've completed at least one fiftyish mile ride before attempting this.

Ask if you've any questions and we'll do our best to answer...

Last edited:
Top Bottom