Knocked a cyclist off their bike? No problem...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
:ohmy:

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Even if she failed to see the bike, how did she not see the car that had priority that was turning into the junction? It is just a classic case of the police/cps/authorities not giving a crap because it is a motoring offence. As much as this is likely to upset people - I wonder how they will feel when it is a member of their family mown down by somebody that should not be on the road.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
She has been cautioned, we are not told what for, but it can only be for careless driving.

As a matter of fact, a caution is not a 'let off', it will be forever recorded against her, but it is not a conviction.

As a matter of comment, I think 'let off' is a perfectly fair description in these circumstances.

There could be consequences, albeit relatively minor.

For example, if she does something similar again, a copper looking at that incident might think it eligible for a caution in isolation, but might decide to press ahead with a prosecution because of the existing caution on her record.

Some insurance proposals ask if the proposer has been 'convicted or cautioned' for any motoring offence within the last x years.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Chatteris is a pretty unpleasant place to ride a bike, in my limited experience (it was bad so I don't plan to visit again - nearby March is nicer, although still a bit scary). Motorists were pretty inconsiderate. If the local police are uninterested in prosecuting such a clear-cut case, that may be part of the cause.

...and I doubt this will dislodge Chatteris's Tesco "ghost store" from the long-running headlines there.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
No surprises there. Very similar happened to me. We are still chasing the cops about charges.

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/144...f_which_caused_school_run_chaos/?ref=mrb&lp=7

Not really sure where to post this link but this thread got me thinking of the standard of driving sometimes and the lack of courteous behaviour.Don't get me wrong...most of the time the backstreets I use are fine but there is just the occasional idiot.

Hugh Bladon, treasurer one of the founding members of the Alliance of British Drivers and their treasurer, said: “These things seem to come from the belligerent way that people have started to live their lives, there is an awful lot of aggression on the roads now that we did not see 20 or 30-years-ago."

“The roads have become more and more congested around the country and we are not building enough roads to cope with the traffic.

“This make people more frustrated and fed up, making the population less tolerant and less courteous.”

The Alliance of Bad Drivers....

The ones who don't want speed limits, feel that parking tickets are a "Jihad against motorists" and feel that marked Police cars enforcing motoring offences are a hazard that "kill thousands per year" because it forces "otherwise law abiding motorists" to look out for Police cars

Top Bottom