Knocked off my bike by another cyclist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I've just made it home after being knocked off my bike. It happened this morning just as we were about to set off on our Wednesday run. Another of the group wobbled then fell to his right. I was passing him at the time, i didn't have time to react(i was clipped in)so i went down on my right hip. I thought i'd broken it but i think i've just pulled a muscle in my groin. It's very painful, i can't put weight on it. Someone offered to phone for an ambulance but i didn't fancy all the fuss so i struggled home with the help of one of the group.
I thought i'd get it checked out at the local health centre, but when i got there we were told that no doctors or nurses were available today. I can move it, there's no swelling yet and i've taken a Co-Codomol dose which has helped. If i went to the hospital they'd probably advise resting it, but i have to think of my work(ladder climbing involved) Any suggestions please?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Go to A&E

Tim Hall

@vickster has it correct. Go to a local walk in or urgent care centre. DO NOT go to A&E.

There is a GP walk-in centre at the Accrington Victoria Community Hospital that's open from 8.00 - 8.30 p.m. There's also a Minor Injuries Unit at same place which is open 8.00 a.m. - 8.30 p.m. There's also an MIU in Accrington Victoria Community Hospital and Urgent Care Centres at Burnley (at Burnley General Hospital)and Blackburn (at the Royal Blackburn Hospital).
Why a walk in centre (ironic name, considering the nature of the injury) over A & E?

Or walk in centre if there's one locally

That's no bloody good; he can hardly walk!

;)

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
As above comments Accy, get it checked out properly.

I'm not 100% with User tho. My Mother in Law walked round in tremendous pain on a fractured pelvis for several days after a fall and A&E telling her it was only bruised. Up to you but if the pain is bad you may well need an x-ray to rule out bone damage.

Sod the jersey poll too, you need one on what colour underpants the nurses will like best ;)

vickster

Legendary Member
I was in and out of the Teddington walk in centre within about an hour on Sunday afternoon (shouldn't be so busy today while GP surgeries are open, I.e. Do not wait until 7pm...)

@vickster has it correct. Go to a local walk in or urgent care centre. DO NOT go to A&E.
Absolutely! Very subtle but important difference between "Accident and emergency", and "Accident, and emergency".

Edit: No idea what went on with that post, so I redid it as I somehow managed to break it, and it wouldn't save the edit to try and fix :/ (long day)

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
No queue for me last time I was there, wheeled straight through to the intensive care bit. Fabulous service !

Deffo walk in centre first if you have one. You'll get seen quicker

Top Bottom