Kuota Kharma 09 and a Trek 1.5 WSD Stolen!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Kuota M

Kuota M

Thanks TTCyle.
We got one bike delivered this weekend, waiting for the other.

I read about your stolen Ruby Elite too. That sucks big time.

At the moment I don't have a lock I can use on the bike and I will need to look for one for future. After performing that Google search you recommended, well, now I just don't know.

I was told to carry two different styles of lock with me so I may do some hunting but I can tell you that they will hardly be used as I do not plan to leave my bike anywhere open. Which locks would you recommend?

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Well I lock my bike up now with a Abus Granite X-Plus and a Kryptonite New York, a seatsaver (more for the passing opportunists) AND a covered very thick alarmed cable lock that a friend gave me which he got for New York...a lot of heavy duty and heavy weight locks which cost a fair bit in themselves but worth it for a bit of piece of mind...it is worth having two different types of lock as to open them needs different tools - the kryptonite and the Abus will be breakable by Anglegrinder but those machines are noisy and used by a very few. I think both locks are reviewed in cycling Plus? I can't remember which mag it was. Good luck with getting the other bike replaced.

My carbon fibre bike (not as flash as the aforementioned in this thread) is forbidden from being used for anything other than leisure rides when I can keep it in full view all of the time.

I've already lost too many bikes. I HATE thieves.

Top Bottom