England : London L2B Veteran Car Run; Sunday 2 November 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
fab foodie said it all; epic ride;75 miles on the clock
70 of them in the rain!
thats what it felt like anyway;
long hauls up next to the A23 on the way home.

great snaps topcat;
thanks to all for company
adrian get well soon.

in the dry and warm now
bob

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Data:
http://ridewithgps.com/trips/3723074

What I really need is a cycle-specific rain gauge ....

Today i set off from Kennington straight into a headwind that was to blow allday

aHsk5eGUJP
Their was a moment when Andy started laughing in the rain for about 5 minutes he was soaked right through and couldn't stop laughing
Good work, Dave. You always excel when it comes to a vintage vehicle day. It can only be a matter of time before you become an engine propelled participant!
Nice write up FF - the weather makes the fish and chips + tea sound more valuable than usual, and I hope you 'dine' on that good feeling all week!

Trickedem

Guru
Sorry you didn't make it Tim. Was hoping to hear some more about your tour in Spain as it looked stunning.
I'm afraid your 'unplanned curry' excuse was being widely derided this morning. Then I realised that I had an unplanned curry last night too. We were went to a Thai restaurant but found it wasn't there any more, so we went to an Indian instead. And yet I still made it!
It was a bit pathetic as an excuse, so I won't elaborate! I must do a write up on my Spanish trip and share it. It was fantastic and I would thoroughly recommend Southern Spain to everyone.

Fab Foodie

Some Polaroids ....

IMG_1290.JPG

It rained ....

IMG_1291.JPG

...and rained ...

IMG_1293.JPG

Bob got changed into dryer wet-weather gear ...

IMG_1294.JPG

Some nice young Swiss people despaired not ...

IMG_1297.JPG

The 1982 Holdsworth looked like I'd rescued it from a bog ....

IMG_1305.JPG

Last edited:

Butterfly

Veteran
That was an epic day out! I nearly bailed at lunch, being soaked already. It had stopped raining by the time we dragged ourselves out of the cafe so I thought we could at least get to Haywards Heath, but by the time we got to the turning point Brighton wasn't that far and Nye was asleep, so we carried on. We arrived cold and damp but we made it! My longest ride in 2 years and Nye's longest ever :bicycle:

The stupidity of the trains had the bonus of having to change at Gatwick where we saw our friend Steph which was the icing on the cake of the day. Lots of fun and lovely people - brilliant!:smile:

Fab Foodie

That was an epic day out! I nearly bailed at lunch, being soaked already. It had stopped raining by the time we dragged ourselves out of the cafe so I thought we could at least get to Haywards Heath, but by the time we got to the turning point Brighton wasn't that far and Nye was asleep, so we carried on. We arrived cold and damp but we made it! My longest ride in 2 years and Nye's longest ever :bicycle:

The stupidity of the trains had the bonus of having to change at Gatwick where we saw our friend Steph which was the icing on the cake of the day. Lots of fun and lovely people - brilliant!:smile:

I have to say Butterfly, that I was somewhat in awe of you guys, Nye, Clarion and your 'ladies in waiting' Gracie and Terrie when we saw you outside Brighton. That's hell of an achievement considering the distance, time and weather.
Chapeau Team Slow!

Top Bottom