England : London L2B Veteran Car Run; Sunday 2 November 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm hoping that they take it in the good spirit and humour which was intended :sad:
One hopes so.

But now might be a good time to start running. A new identity, a bit of cosmetic surgery, and a one way ticket to Argentina should be enough.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
I have to say Butterfly, that I was somewhat in awe of you guys, Nye, Clarion and your 'ladies in waiting' Gracie and Terrie when we saw you outside Brighton. That's hell of an achievement considering the distance, time and weather.
Chapeau Team Slow!
OI who you calling lady?!!! Might have to kick you in the shins with cleated shoes for that...:headshake:TJ is right, very right. Esp for calling me Gracie. I'll let you off, just this once...

I'm also not slow but I am indeed a 'gentleman' with patience who waits.

It was a fantastic ride and now that I've dried out and resoaked myself I've still got fond memories and FF it was great to bump into you and Bob on your way back. Like the photos btw and the gorgeous Holdsworth.

Dave looking fwd to the GoPro shots.

Bring on the next ride!!

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
OI who you calling lady?!!! Might have to kick you in the shins with cleated shoes for that...:headshake:TJ is right, very right. Esp for calling me Gracie. I'll let you off, just this once...

I'm also not slow but I am indeed a 'gentleman' with patience who waits.

It was a fantastic ride and now that I've dried out and resoaked myself I've still got fond memories and FF it was great to bump into you and Bob on your way back. Like the photos btw and the gorgeous Holdsworth.

Dave looking fwd to the GoPro shots.

Bring on the next ride!!
Well accept my apologies.... but let me explain ....

You see, as you and Terrie were kind enough to 'wait' for TJ, Butterfly and Nye whilst baby feeding et al, then I thought that 'ladies in waiting' was a humerous old-fashioned moniker for the two of you in this particular case ... 'Gracie' also having old fashioned connotations in that respect. Nothing more sinister, no attempt to demean or belittle or imply that you're slow, you're clearly not and much faster than I :becool:**

** To be fair, being faster than me is not much of an endorsement!

Last edited:

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Well accept my apologies.... but let me explain ....

You see, as you and Terrie were kind enough to 'wait' for TJ, Butterfly and Nye whilst baby feeding et al, then I thought that 'ladies in waiting' was a humerous old-fashioned moniker for the two of you in this particular case ... 'Gracie' also having old fashioned connotations in that respect. Nothing more sinister, no attempt to demean or belittle or imply that you're slow, you're clearly not and much faster than I :becool:**

** To be fair, being faster than me is not much of an endorsement!

I swear there's a conspiracy, speed police that tinker with words on a cycling forum :secret:

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
Here we go

aHsk5Xsm9H

Top Bottom