La Vuelta 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Horner`s agent or Horner himself were asking for more money than people are prepared to pay for a rider that won a grand tour in the twilight of his career (?)
They are asking themselves is he worth it ?
will he ever perform at that level again?
was the win boosted by drugs ?

thom

____
I understand that the 2013 winner is not yet in contract this year. Que pasa?
His first agent tried to get him a 2 year contract along the lines of 1mm euros a year, as befits most grand tour riders, which funnily enough all teams balked at given he's unlikely to find the same fortunate circumstances that aided his vuelta win, that in all likelihood he'd end up being a domestique in any decent team.
He has a new agent but seems to have been talking to teams like Christina Watches, who are not allowed to compete in the Vuelta.

His first agent tried to get him a 2 year contract along the lines of 1mm euros a year, as befits most grand tour riders, which funnily enough all teams balked at given he's unlikely to find the same fortunate circumstances that aided his vuelta win, that in all likelihood he'd end up being a domestique in any decent team.
He has a new agent but seems to have been talking to teams like Christina Watches, who are not allowed to compete in the Vuelta.
Radioshack must have offered him a one year extension at least, maybe not for the money he was after but they must have offered something.

Top Bottom