lanzarotti

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Simon_m

Guru
Hi there, I've posted before about lanzarotti/lanzarote/lanzagrotty and had some good responses, got a few routes already. Has anyone got any good GPX routes to share, or a URL I can grab some from? I am out there in a few weeks time and looking for a trainer, and i'm not having too much lucky. Most companies seee to just offer touring guides rather than someone who can make you work a little harder and make observations/comment on how to go quicker. Thanks

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Maybe search for Training Camps? Might help, don't know, just a suggestion.

OP
OP
Simon_m

Simon_m

Guru
thanks Smokey. I will check them out. I've done searches already and not come up with what I am looking for. When I contact them, it seems to be more tours rather than training.

thanks Smokey. I will check them out. I've done searches already and not come up with what I am looking for. When I contact them, it seems to be more tours rather than training.
FWIW some pro teams use Club La Santa as a base for their winter training. When I was there, although we didn't stay at CLS, I did go out that way a few times, and each time there always seemed to be groups heading up the climb out of La Santa, so I'm sure there must be someone that way who can sort you out.

OP
OP
Simon_m

Simon_m

Guru
sounds good, we are down south though in Puerto del Carmen. good to have first hand knowledge rather than just using Google.

OP
OP
Simon_m

Simon_m

Guru
Yes so I hear (the wind), that is a let down, I wish I knew that before choosing to book this island. Oh well, not much I can do now lol The climbs are just long, not steep? or is it vice versa? Been reading and learning bits from other posts about the island. Climbing is a weakness of mine so I guess it should help some.

Yes so I hear (the wind), that is a let down, I wish I knew that before choosing to book this island. Oh well, not much I can do now lol The climbs are just long, not steep? or is it vice versa? Been reading and learning bits from other posts about the island. Climbing is a weakness of mine so I guess it should help some.
Some climbs are long, some are steep. Some are steep, some are long. Some are long and steep, some are steep and long :evil:

Seriously though, you'll hit hills wherever you go, but it's not all hills. I don't do hills myself if I can help it, but they didn't spoil my enjoyment.

The roads are generally brilliant and the locals give you room like you've never experienced over here.

I still regard Lanzarote as the best cycling I've ever done and I'd go back tomorrow.

Make sure you have plenty tubes/patches as well though. They use volcanic larva as aggregate, and needless to say it can play havoc with your rubber.

OP
OP
Simon_m

Simon_m

Guru
lol thanks - i think!

Yes heard the roads are pretty amazing with good drivers, just got to watch the hire cars driven by the English lol. I think that was one of the main reasons for going, not having to snake along roads having to avoid potholes. Sounds lovely!

Yep, got 4 new tubes packed and a spare tire just in case too. Thanks for the help, appreciated. Better not fall off either as it sounds like it would just shred you to pieces.

OP
OP
Simon_m

Simon_m

Guru
Some climbs are long, some are steep. Some are steep, some are long. Some are long and steep, some are steep and long :evil:

Seriously though, you'll hit hills wherever you go, but it's not all hills. I don't do hills myself if I can help it, but they didn't spoil my enjoyment.

The roads are generally brilliant and the locals give you room like you've never experienced over here.

I still regard Lanzarote as the best cycling I've ever done and I'd go back tomorrow.

Make sure you have plenty tubes/patches as well though. They use volcanic larva as aggregate, and needless to say it can play havoc with your rubber.

Hi there, just back from Lanzarote, wow crazy winds!! Hills are nice but the wind, dangerous at times! I have my garmin routes if you want to have a look

Top Bottom